Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2004, 05:11 AM

Default Tourney hand analysis

I'm still getting my feet wet in the NLH tournament environment. So, I need some expert guidance on proper tourney play. Here's a hand recently that I'm not sure about my folding. Since, I'm getting low stacked and the preflop raiser is also in a similiar situation. Maybe, I should have called here given the pot odds I'm getting on my call.

But then again, I do have position and some time to wait for a situation where I can be the raiser instead. Here's the scenario. I have pocket threes in the small blind which is t50 and the big blind is t100. Both the big blind and myself have exactly t450 left when I complete the small blind. The preflop action is: three limpers only call the t100 big blind (two from the middle positions and the dealer button). After I call the t50 in the small blind. The big blind goes ALLIN for t450 more. Everyone folds to me! Should I also go allin for my last t450? I folded.

It's about 20 tables left, with 4 tables being paid.

Thanks for any help

AcesFull
Old 09-19-2004, 05:14 AM

Default Re: Tourney hand analysis

That is a tough situation since the BB could easily just have a big ace. There is a lot of dead money in the pot so calling 450 to win 950 when you could be a small favorite. I would probably just call and think that this is a good chance to get chips, since you really need a lot more chips to make the money.