Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2003, 01:51 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default Not Again???!?!?!?

So i hit my first UB jackpot last week and would you know it....i made a king high straight flush tonight for my second jackpot in a weeks time, later i gotta run to the store to get lotto tickets.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:23 AM

Default Re: Not Again???!?!?!?

Hit a King high and it is the high hand. Definitely Lotto time. I haven't played there in a while, but it usually (4 out of 5, maybe) took a royal to win.
Old 12-31-2003, 02:31 AM

Congrats on ur wins. You should have played the mega millions lotto tonight if you live in a state that has it. With the prize pool of 155 million and odds of winning at 135,000,000-1 it was a +EV play. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Imagine my suprise when i checked my tickets and my +EV bet didnt come in [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

regards
cubswin
Old 12-31-2003, 02:47 AM

I bet it's not +EV if you include the real return after taxes..?
Old 12-31-2003, 03:34 AM

Its also not +EV if there is more than one winner.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:21 AM

Hi Jim,

you're right it USED to always take about a Royal Flush to take down the UB high hand jackpot. That's before the recent complete change to the UB high hand jackpot reward.

Before the change, all of the micro-limits and play money players would get 5% of the jackpot amount based on the same qualifying hand as everyone. And other bigger limits would get a corresponding percentage of the jackpot amount. But all of the players in the games would share the same qualifying hand.

Now the micro-limits and play money players have their own jackpot qualifying hand and smaller pool. Not only do the real money players have their own larger pool and qualifying hand, but it's also split into two pools for holdem games and non-holdem games.

I was surprized a few days ago when I hit the ub high hand for Stud 3/6 with "only" a Queen high straight flush. In fact, when I checked the history of the jackpot in the UB lobby for the non holdem games, it lists that 2 out of the last 10 high hands as "only" high Quads (Jacks and Aces).

So, now they pay out four jackpots per 90 minutes instead of one like before. Two for real money (holdem and nonholdem games) and similiar for play/micro. But instead of paying the money all in cash, they give out half in cash and the other half as bonus dollars that you have play raked hands to release just like the bonus dollars you get when you deposit during promos.

Overall, I think it's a great promotional tool to bring in fish. There's no extra jackpot drop and it's not super hard like a bad beat jackpot.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:23 AM

Congrats.

I won the jackpot with four aces once. This, of course, was way back before so many people played online poker. Now you almost always need a royal flush. The weird thing was that I was playing, got disconnected, and signed back on and saw that I was winning the jackpot. There was only like 7 minutes left and it held up. It was like 2:00 am and not many players were on. I still don't know how it happenend. I guess I timed out UTG, got aces in the BB on the next hand and won a small sidepot with four aces! Who knows? I'd like to see the conspiracy theory people figure that one out...