Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 03:08 PM

Default A9s 3bet LP

30/60: 10 handed. My image is probably good except I had raised the previous two hands so some opponents will start to doubt my raising standards a little bit.

Loose aggressive Hijack raises, I 3bet from the CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB calls, Hijack calls.
SB seems solid, no numbers on him but he's been straight forward in 2 orbits.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I bet SB cr's and Hijack folds. I 3 bet and SB calls.

Turn: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
check check

River: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
check, I bet.

Thoughts on any street?
Old 09-21-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: A9s 3bet LP

why 3 bet the flop?
Old 09-21-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why 3 bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
For a free turn.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:54 PM

I guess your river bet is looking for a call from a worse hand here because what better one would he fold? The only ones he may call with is 77-88-79-89.

I can see laying those down because of your 3 bet pf, free card raise and the K coming off. I'd call the J because of your turn check.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why 3 bet the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
For a free turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think you're behind here?

I think his most likely hand is something like 77/88.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

why 3 bet the flop?

For a free turn.

You think you're behind here?

I think his most likely hand is something like 77/88.

[/ QUOTE ]
I might or might not take the free card if it was benign looking. I was leaning towards checking the turn when I 3bet the flop. If it was a brick turn it would depend mostly on exactly what I thought my current image was because I guessed AJ/KJ/QJ and maybe straight draw at the time... moreso than a 77/88. But 77/88 are definite possibilites. I lean toward checking the turn when I don't know the opponent well.

On a side note: How the hell do I place multiple quotes inside a quote without it looking like it does above with the dashed lines instead of the pretty quote boxes? Currently I just highlight all the quotes, Ctrl+C, then in the post window I hit the Quote link which inserts the quote HTML like tags, then I paste the copied quotes inside the Quote tags.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:29 PM

I would three bet the flop AND bet the turn. You may have the best hand and if you get raised, so be it...you have outs.

Jeff
Old 09-21-2005, 05:35 PM

i am interested in knowing what you would do if the flop comes K, Q, J or T high rainbow (or two-tone not ur suit) against the same 2 opponents.

thanks,

- Kenny
Old 09-21-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would three bet the flop AND bet the turn. You may have the best hand and if you get raised, so be it...you have outs.

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]
Betting isn't bad I just thought checking was preferable. If I bet and am called I think I'm behind more than 50% of the time. (And I don't mind 66 or 77 coming along because they may pay off a blank river putting my on AK. Whether or not I want 88 coming along is obviously a little trickier since it turned a gutshot.)

And it's definitely a check-raising type turn card.

What hand range do you put SB on?
Old 09-21-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i am interested in knowing what you would do if the flop comes K, Q, J or T high rainbow (or two-tone not ur suit) against the same 2 opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like you're setting a trap for me kenny. But that's ok, if my play is inconsistent I'm here to learn.

I would bet most of the time and fold to a check-raise. A minority of the time I would just give up and check the flop not wanting to put anymore money in the hand. I don't like SB's pre-flop call.