Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: A hand jason_t would like you to play along with.

[ QUOTE ]
I would be interested in your PT stats for hands where you raised 2nd in w/ baby PPs. You may be showing a little +EV but you are not showing "big profits" with this play.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you read the original hand post you'd notice that that OP is on the button vs a late position limper and a tight player in the sb. its not like i'm isolating from UTG+1 vs loose blinds.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you read the original hand post you'd notice that that OP is on the button vs a late position limper and a tight player in the sb. its not like i'm isolating from UTG+1 vs loose blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]
But when you describe "big profits", surely you mean to apply it to more situations than specifically raising a late position limper from the button with tight blinds. I'm assuming that you don't have the millions of hands it would take to know if you're making big profits with that specific play and, if you did have the millions of hands, that you hadn't actually done the work to analyze such a specific situation.

By the way, any chance of you answering the other questions I posed, which would give much more insight into why you make big profits with this play? Can you describe how your postflop play makes up for the BB you're committing PF?
Old 06-24-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would be interested in your PT stats for hands where you raised 2nd in w/ baby PPs. You may be showing a little +EV but you are not showing "big profits" with this play.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but you are forgetting that the sb is no normal sb, he's jasont and he knows that shant could very well be making this raise with not all that much of a hand, so Jason will probably either call or threebet which negates our raise of teh donk