Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: two pair confusion

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how preflop can possibly be categorized as "played terribly".

[/ QUOTE ]

you're out of position and you're going to be 3-betting against someone who only raises 6% or so of his hands preflop. i'd understand the 3-bet against a looser raiser, but against this certain player, its spewing.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the flop is an interesting decision with one overcard that may or may not be good, two backdoor draws to the nuts and a big pot but again I wouldn't call the raise terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

A flop raise here is just more spewing. Your position is terrible with all those players to act behind you and you stand very little chance of having the best hand or the best draw or clearing the field out. Just call here and hope it doesn't get raised.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you're out of position and you're going to be 3-betting against someone who only raises 6% or so of his hands preflop. I'd understand the 3-bet against a looser raiser, but against this certain player, its spewing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't agree, since we're not given a number on hands we have on this player I'm not sure about the read, but even if we assume it's over at least 200 hands players with 6% PFR still will be able to steal/isolate from CO. AQs is better than many hands he'll raise from CO if he is the least bit aware about position. Plus it seems like 5 players are going to the flop and we have an excellent multiway hand with callers trapped (probably holding not very attractive hands).

The flop question I leave to better players [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2005, 06:14 PM

CO stats are over 82 hands. He attempted to steal blinds 1/2.