Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: I just don\'t get it...

[censored] you.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:07 AM

That.
Was.
Awesome.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:10 AM

that's funny. Not sure who it's for, but funny.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:15 AM

In addition to comments made, one thing nobody has mentioned is that you mentioned 1/2-6max games, do you 1/2 fullhanded, there is a difference, your aggression will serve you better shorthanded and 1/2 6max is full of terrible players. Stop playing 0.50/1.00 and play 1/2 full table. If your goal is to move to 2/4 full, you should at least be profitable at 1/2 full beforehand.....
Old 05-12-2005, 10:16 AM

That is xxxxing hilarious!

I hope you don't mind I added that to my favorites just in case.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:21 AM

Small sample size... don't get overly worried about it. Also, it's fine to take a shot at 2/4, but you might want to take a slightly bigger shot than sporadic 25BB buy ins. If you can afford a 300BB bankroll, do what another poster suggested and dive in, dropping down when you're down to 150BB or so.

Also, you say you're playing the exact same game -- you most likely need to tighten up a little bit. That could be part of the problem. What's your VP$IP?
Old 05-12-2005, 10:26 AM

Just a note, if you want to make it on these forums you need to grow some thick skin. Anyways, I was in the same boat as you. Doing great at .5/1 and 1/2 then stepped up to 2/4 and got crushed. The impact was really more psychological than anything. I was (and still am) new to the game and the beating I was taking at the slightly higher stakes made me question abilities. I went back to 1/2, worked my bankroll back up, and took another shot.

Now I'm at 3/6 and recently took a shot at 5/10 6-max. I lost about 60BB there and decided I needed a bigger bankroll before moving up. The difference this time is I know I can beat the 5/10 game. I'm not questioning my poker abilities like I was when I first took a beating at 2/4. I just understand that 300BB isn't enough for 5/10 6-max.

Of course you also need to objectively look at how you are playing. Get poker tracker, find out what hands you are losing the most on and see if you are misplaying them at all. Post here if you are unsure.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:31 AM

I did get poker tracker and have about 3000 hands in it right now. I am a little unsure of how to use it to its utmost ability. I look at VPIP and aggression but I can't use it yet to look up other players because I don't have that many players in my list yet and I never seem to play with the same players twice. I do look at hands that I've lost money on, but like others have said I have such a small sample size it's tough to look at a hand that I played 5 or 6 times and get an idea what I'm doing right/wrong.

I do have thick skin, and nothing said or typed bothers me, I just fire back at people who I think are being dickheads.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your question is too general and mildly retarded. My answer is warranted. Try the search function. Try not being an a[/i]sshole right off the t[/i]its. You might make a few friends if you try real hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

In case you need help using the search function, go here. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have played 5000+ hands of $.50/$1 and $1/$2 5 or 6 table max and done very well, specifically to the tune of 4.33 BB/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain to me the problem in this.

[ QUOTE ]
Every time I get to a level I have previously set, I take $200 and sit a $2/$4 game and just get crushed. 4 times in a row now I've lost 25BB before stopping and going back to the lower limits.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain to me the problem in this.