Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2005, 02:51 AM

Default Re: Do any of you sleep on a TempurPedic mattress?

Hey guys I have been searching or a good price on these for the longest time...What is the lowest price I can get for the basic model (doesn't have to be amazing just a single person bed) Please PM me with info thanks!!
Old 01-01-2005, 03:11 AM

choose latex over viscoelastic. it's just as expensive, but lasts literally 30+ years and is more comfortable. another benefit is that latex is naturally hypo-allergenic. don't get me wrong, both types are leaps and bounds better for a good night's sleep than innerspring, but latex has definite advantages, and visco has not been on the market(widespread) long enough to have a good track record.

trust me, i sell both products.

cheers!
Old 01-01-2005, 05:08 AM

i'm not educated to know what you're referring to? is this the foam that makes up the bed? or the covering?

sorry for my ignorance,
--oj.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:42 AM

I bought the Novaform mattress topper a few months ago from Costco. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...rPath=93*4257* It's been a great supplement to my regular mattress. I'm sure it's not quite as good as a full temperpedic mattress, but I would guess it has to be at least 70% effective as the real thing. My guess would be strictly based on the comfort level of using the topper. As I've never slept on a full temperpedic mattress. I have briefly lied down on one in the brookstone stores.

Anyway, it seems that Costco has recently acquired the full mattress under the Novaform brand. Here's a link:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...Path=93*20637*

Now that I've tried the mattress topper, I'm now more interested in getting either the Novaform mattress or the real temperpedic mattress. Note that the Costco Novaform mattress is $550 for a queen in the stores (it cost more online) and the brookstone price is about $1600 for the same size.

Also, I notice that the Novaform mattress says it's about 12 inches thick, but only 3 inches of the top is premium form and the bottom 9 inches is standard form.

Are the temperpedic mattresses completely made of premium foam? I think they are only about 8 inches thick too, right? I would love to just buy the real temperpedic mattress, but the Novaform is about $1,000 less and I've found even the Novaform topper to be really great itself. So, I'm somewhat inclined to just spend the $550 for the Novaform, but hate to settle for less IF the temperpedic is worth the extra $1K.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:12 AM

I've got a buddy who builds 'em. He just orders the form wholesale and cuts it up into matresses. I haven't had him make one for me, but he always offers, saying he "knows a great foam guy." It's pretty hilarious, and I expect I might take him up on it if I settle 'round here after school. Anyway to answer your question, I really have no idea about premium vs normal form, but I doubt I'd bite on the namebrand bed.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:40 AM

I've heard that the Novaform is less dense than the Tempurapedic equivalent, but if you can't feel a difference than go for the cheaper one.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:00 AM

There is another mattress (Sweedish) that costs something like five grand or so. Forgot the name. How does that compare?

~ Rick

PS Hate the foam pillows from Brookstone.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:32 AM

No, but I got one of them pillows and it's dope as f*ck!!! I sleep like a baby.

I slept on one of those Sheraton hotel Angel beds or something like that and I'm planning on purchasing that whenever I get a chance.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:00 PM

Default How Does TempurPedic Compare With a Duxbed?

In my post late last night I forgot the name of the Sweedish bed. Just Googled it and it is a The Duxbed. Anyone try this one? A friend did shop once a few years ago and once they got up over five grand for the complete set he lost interest [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

~ Rick
Old 01-03-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sex on a plane, that would be cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is. Especially with the right stewardess...or two.