Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help

Old 12-27-2005, 05:04 PM

Default Odd ipod problem

I'm probably just being an idiot but I'm experiencing a small problem with my new 5G 30 gig ipod. I used to have a mini and never had this prooblem. I put a bunch of songs on my new ipod and eveything works fins.

All the songs show up in my library. The problem is when I have multiple songs by one artist and one of the songs has an album name and the other does not. When I try to select the songs by artist the song without the album name doesn't show up under the given artist.

I can get to the song by just sorting by songs but I would prefer having it under the artist.

The other thing I have noticed is that when I select some artists on my ipod it goes straight to song selection instead of from artist to album to song selection. This didn't happen with my mini either. This also doesn't happen with all artists, just some of them.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Re: Odd ipod problem

check the songs info in itunes... not sure, maybe i am not understanding your problem right
Old 12-28-2005, 04:22 PM

I checked the info and the songs will have the same artist name unders artist but they won't both show up under that artist on my ipod. When I change the album name to match the other then they will show up under that artist. I didn't have to do this on my mini. I'm just wondering if there is some setting on my new ipod that causes this to happen.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:31 PM

as far as the unlabeled album problem, you can select "all" when in any artist menu and it will show the album labeled ones, AND the unlabeled ones. your second problem, i don't have an answer to.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:35 PM

i just realized another thing you could do, in itunes, sort by album, then click that column again so that all the songs without album tags are at the top. select them all, then get info on them. change the album tag to something like "unlabeled", then resync with ipod. then the songs without album tags will just show up in an "unlabeled" section within the appropriate artist.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as far as the unlabeled album problem, you can select "all" when in any artist menu and it will show the album labeled ones, AND the unlabeled ones. your second problem, i don't have an answer to.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I could normally do with my mini. For some reason there is no "all" option for some of the artists. I'm not sure why.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:18 PM

then i would use apple's ipod software to wipe the ipod OS and reinstall a fresh copy. this would erase your music, but if you normally just sync it automatically, that isn't a big deal.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/