Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Stud/8: 4-flush, 3 opponents

Limping with a marginal hand put me in dodgy territory on each street. Sort of a boredom call and I felt I could dump it if I catch bad on 4th. Net result is I think I botched every street.
No significant reads on the other players.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (hand converter)

Seat 1: $28
Hero: $74.20

Seat 4: $44.90
Seat 5: $23.55
Seat 6: $31.35
Seat 8: $18.65

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in

4th Street - (2.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

I didn't like the idea of betting into 3 people who all caught low and I haven't made my hand yet. I can't see any of them folding.

5th Street - (3.30 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls

6th Street - (7.30 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls

I put Seat 1 on a made low so I raised to try and get rid of the two guys behind me.

River - (19.30 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds

Total pot: (23.30 BB)
Old 08-13-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: Stud/8: 4-flush, 3 opponents

your 3rd street call is a very bad move. But at least you have a low card up to disguise how bad it is.

Once you catch the Ah on 4th, you're correct to chase to the river, especially given the other two are calling as well. In fact, I'd bet out. On 4th, you have a 44% chance of making your hand by the river. Given they're all likely to call (and maybe raise), betting isn't that bad an idea.

5th is an easy call.

6th. Both seat 1 and 8 look like they have a low, and either could be chasing a gut or open-ended straight draw (or have a made straight). Raising will only get seat 5 to fold, and you're really risking getting re-raised. A pair of kings just isn't strong enough to raise with on 6th. Your main equity is from the flush and that's 3.5:1 against.

7th. Awesome, you caught the flush. Given they called the raises on 6th it's likely they'll do it here as well so good raise. Going for the overcalls wouldn't have been a bad idea either.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Stud/8: 4-flush, 3 opponents

[ QUOTE ]
your 3rd street call is a very bad move. But at least you have a low card up to disguise how bad it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I was a bigger dog than I even realized.
Seat 1 had 77 in the hole and bricked all the way home. I do wonder if Seats 5 and 8 both had busted lows or maybe folded a rough 8 low to Seat 1's aggression.