Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2004, 10:01 AM

Default Paradise Poker

I"ve played on paradise poker for several years, but I've never heard of any famous players on there. does anyone know any famous players on paradise and their screen names? Also curious as to what thoughts are on quality of play at paradise, relative to other sites. thx
Old 12-28-2004, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Paradise Poker

I've tried Party, UB, Ladbrokes and PokerStars and as far as I'm concerned Paradise is superior to all of them.

The software and the design of the site is what does it for me. It might seem a stupid reason, but the cards themselves actually look like real cards rather than cartoon representations of cards (cf Party and UB).

I also think that the design of places like Party, where you have images of people sitting round the table can make it a little cluttered looking and claustrophobic.

I also like that on Paradise if a player uses the chat box, then the dialogue actually appears above the player who has spoken rather than just in a box at the bottom of the screen.

Plus Paradise has plenty of fish.
Old 12-28-2004, 10:20 AM

Interesting you say Paradise has plenty of fish. I"ve only played Paradise, UB and PS. I would say UB has the worst play in general of the 3. Seems like most folks on this website would agree Party has the worst players of all the sites. Would love to hear more opinions of quality of play on various sites...
Old 12-28-2004, 10:54 AM

Ub has the worst players???

Hard for me to say but when .50-1.00 limit has flop pcts of like 34% Its hard to imagine play is loose there. Ub also is the home site to some of the best NLH ring game players on the earth. Also they have very good tourney plyers(though nowhere near Stars).
Old 12-28-2004, 11:02 AM

Need to caveat this with the fact that i have limit playing time at UB, and LOTS of playing time at Paradise. But the play i saw at 15-30 and 30-60 at UB was very poor. sounds like the .5-1 game you refer to is tighter. but again, my sample size is small at UB
Old 12-28-2004, 11:16 AM

I dont even play limit holdem....

My brother and his friends(~15-6 yrs old) play micro stakes and while sitting in with them once I was amazed at the flop pcts at UB as compared with Pokeroom and Party...

As for 15-30 or 30-60 I dont think UB has alot of high or medium limit holdem games. They do have seval super high NLH ringames constantly running that are notoriously hard to beat (Prahlad Friedman plays there ALOT).
Old 12-28-2004, 11:31 AM

I agree with Quad that the higher limit (15-30) players at UB are pretty poor. That being said, Party players are worse in general. From $5-10 and down at UB is actually pretty tight. Not necessarily tough...just tight.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:49 AM

interesting how certain players gravitate to certain sites. I guess Zaxx is implying that UB is a tournament NL site. whereas paradise is filled to the gills with 20/40 players. It seems Stars is NL touney focused as well. and everyone on this forum seems to bag Party for crappy play. I guess since i grew up at Paradise, I only play limit (and am very uncomfortable with NL)
Old 12-28-2004, 12:04 PM

Yeah sounds about right but I meant to convey that UB is a good sight for NLH ring games and Tourneys(if you prefer smaller ones than Stars). Pretty good STT play as well.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:20 PM

sorry, i'm new to this site. what is STT? single tble tourney?