Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Odd dillema

I just want to know the ethnicity.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is not an angle. This is the equivalent of an experienced player sitting down and saying that he never played before.

And I don't think this kind of play tightens the game, in fact i think it loosens up the play. If players think he isgiving action they tend to give action as well. He tells them he is playing blind and then turns over a big hand so they decide to try it since it works for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your post should have just been, I am Clueless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well when you can't admit that you are wrong -- go ad hominem
Old 11-04-2005, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CAUCASIAN [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CAUCASIAN [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So these three guys walk into a poker room -- a white guy, a black guy, and an asian...
Old 11-04-2005, 01:53 PM

Nice big word, I'll have to google it later. If you don't think this is an angle shoot or this type of play won't change the complection of the table, you need to pull your head out of your dictionary and pay attention to the game.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:56 PM

I'd keep the information to myself and when you have a big pocket pair, you can act like you're playing a truly random hand and nail him. If you want to out the guy(s), just make a big deal of looking at your cards, and then announce your own "blind" raise.

For the record, I don't think this is an angle shot. Just good, honest lying. You wouldn't care if someone said, "I'm going to raise my 72o this time and see what happens," would you?
Old 11-04-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice big word, I'll have to google it later. If you don't think this is an angle shoot or this type of play won't change the complection of the table, you need to pull your head out of your dictionary and pay attention to the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the angle? lying about his hand? He's representing that his cards are any two random cards when he knows what they are. What makes that an angle. Thats deception which is a part of poker. Or I suppose you think a check raise is an angle? Perhaps you think the game should be played with the cards face up?

I never said that this didn't affect the complection of the game (players announcing that they are playing blind certainly affects the complection of the game -- the fact that they are lying about probably has very little affect on the complection of the game). In fact if you read my post, (I know that you had a problem with the big words) you will see that I didn't say it had no effect, I said that the effect would be to loosen the game not tighten it as you suggested.

Why do you think this tightens the game up?
Old 11-04-2005, 04:18 PM

When people discover they have been tricked, they do not get happier and looser, they either leave or they are out to get the guy that tricked them. They do this by playing better.

It might suprise you to learn that many of the players know how to play better but it isn't any fun. Most of them play loose because it is fun and they are there to enjoy themselves. So after someone changes their mood they go from donking around having a good time to paying attention to their game.

You seem to have the belief that everyone at a B$M is completely clueless. Some are clueless but most don't care, they are there to have a good time so anything that makes them pay attention to their game tightens the table.

The worst thing that you can do when playing live is anything that slows down the game or decreases the fun at the table.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:29 PM

But they only discover they have been tricked if you tell them. Keep your mouth shut and they don't know any better. If they see it for themselves then they haven't been tricked.

your argument about keeping the game fun is fine, but then I know people who think the game isn't fun if someone is check raising, and others who think its not fun if the guy next them always straddles their big blind, others who get upset if the betting is capped preflop every hand.

It seems to me that games in which people are raising blind tend to be fun games. If the players think this is going on then they are having the same kind of fun as if it really is happening. I have never seen anyone get upset because they catch a "blind" raiser looking at his cards, when this happens most people seem to laugh about it as the guy who got caught tries top come up with some excuse.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:15 PM

psand, it's a clear angle shoot. i think any knowledgeable b&m regular and any good dealer would call it that. steamboat falls into that category.

lying of this nature should not be tolerated. it's dishonest and cheating to resort to this tactic. if you want to win then outplay your opponents.

bwana