Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 03:55 AM

Default midset river decision

checked flop cause it was really uncoordinated... i felt like it was safe.... obviously this isn't true... annyways after screwing up the flop... did it throw off hte whole hand? or did i play the turn right... and then the river... what do you put villain on... and do you call?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">BB ($244.60)</font>
UTG ($42.55)
<font color="#C00000">MP ($50.50)</font>
CO ($277.55)
Button ($20.50)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($100.15)</font>

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $1, CO calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($4) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $3</font>, MP calls $3, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, BB calls $6, MP calls $6.

River: ($31) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $25</font>, BB calls $234.60 (All-In), MP calls $40.50 (All-In), hero....
Old 12-17-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: midset river decision

i think i'm calling here, i can see BB have a bunch of stupid hands heres, and for some reason, MP doesn't bother me at all here. i wouldnt be surprised to see just a weak ace from them. I don't know why i think this, i just do. (and i'm a little high). Yea, so i'm not worried about him, and i don't think we can narrow his range down to AA/KK/QT.

so yea, i call.

p.s. I never make good folds
Old 12-17-2005, 04:09 AM

Bet the flop to build a big pot. Bet the turn to build a big pot. Call the river because it's a big pot and unless they somehow got here with QT, god bless 'em.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:12 AM

Checking the flop is not bad, depends on how often your opponent will bet.
I would bet the turn. When you go for the checkraise you have to raise more.
As for the river, i would call. You might loose to MP, but i think you will most often be ahead of BB.

I don't see how you could be behind much else than QT here. Big pocketpair seems unlikely with this action preflop.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:16 PM

QT it is... i'll be betting the flop next time
Old 12-17-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you go for the checkraise you have to raise more.

[/ QUOTE ]

By raising to $9, you are asking them to call $6 into a $19 pot, which is callable esp by donks that like chasing inside draws.

I have trouble doing this, I guess because people fold too much and I feel like I'm not getting my money's worth by driving them out. So, it's a leak...