Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 04:25 AM

Default AK UTG early in UB $22 ??

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t60 (6 handed) converter

Hero (t3890)
MP (t4120)
CO (t1625)
Button (t720)
SB (t1975)
BB :#A500AF(Villain)/ (t2670)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t120</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls t90, BB :#A500AF(Villain)/ calls t60.

Flop: (t360) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets t360</font>, Hero

I had plenty of chips here and the flop missed me and I have the second to act betting. I think I should let this go. SHould I have raised more preflop? Perhaps a bigger raise preflop would have caused them to check to me ? I dunno feels like I should fold but just checking in on my game as I have found a few potential leaks.

Thanks

--
tjh
Old 07-24-2005, 04:30 AM

Default Re: AK UTG early in UB $22 ??

Whats the blinds to?
Old 07-24-2005, 04:33 AM

Min raising preflop is bad. Pop it to at least 180.

Fold on the flop. You missed...so I'm not sure why you really want to stick around. His pot sized bet means business. The situation is made all the worse by the fact that you're not last to act...SB will probably fold, but you have no idea. Dump it and move on.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:34 AM

Sorry did not see the blinds there. I would raise to 180 or 240 or mabey even limp. I really don't like the mini raise here. On the the flop your done unless you have a really good read on your opponent.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:54 AM

This looks like a fold to me, too.

I don't know if there's a different standard for STT's (I feel more comfortable in MTT's), but generally I'm raising this pre-flop to somewhere in the 3 to 4 BB range. I don't know if that would have made the villain check to you; she may have a really solid hand. But Villain was getting 5 to 1 to call with a hand like A4s or QJ and now she's made you uncomfortable. Besides, if she thinks you have AA or KK, because of your minraise, she might be trying to make a big enough bet that if you reraise, she can confidently fold. Or again, she might know that you'll pay off her trips if you have AA, KK.

FOITNOF,

-D.