Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2005, 12:35 PM

Default 2K 55s before the STTF-HU Challenge

The last time I went to Vegas, I had an absolute blast. But, I think that I could have had an even better time if I wasn't so short on cash when I went. As a result, I am going to do this challenge. The challenge is simple...get 2000 50+5s played by the end of august. So far I have 69 played with an roi of 14.6 and itm of 37.7. My goal is to have an roi of 10 after all is said and done. This would give me a total of $11k. My plan is to use 2k to take care of general travel fees (plane, hotel, food, paying back a lender, entrance fee, rental car). 4k will be left behind as a br for when I get back, and 5k will be used for gambling/booze/stirppers/hookers when I am out there. As far as general living expenses until I get out there, this will be taken care of by rakeback. I plan on making an update to this every sunday and then on the 31st I will post the actual details once all is said and done. I will start out playing 4 tables, but eventually I will get to 8 tables.

Now for the numbers: Starting today I have 69 55s played. There are 8 days left in July, and 30 days in sept. This comes out to 38 days or 5.5 weeks. 2k-69=1931. In order to hit my goal, I will have to play 51 Sngs a day (which will be simple as soon as i start 8 tabling) or 351 Sngs per week. If I decide to take 2 days off a week that means that I will have to play 9 sets of Sngs per day when 8 tabling. Wish me luck and stay off of my tables.