Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Re: Limp-Reaise followed by Limp-cap!

[ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Our overcards are as clean as they're going to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the turn? Who's cleaning up overcards? You're value-betting a nut OESD/2nd nut (possible nut) FD into 6 opponents. 15 outs, you only need 2 to call BB's possible raise.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A nice loose-passive table suddenly went mad! bit lost on the flop here, pretty sure theres at least one big PP out there, so overcard outs are probably no good, so I give myself 3 outs for the backdoor posibilities

BB is loose, bordeline maniac (80/20)
MP1 is new to table, so unknown

Cryptologic 0.25/0.50 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(9 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, UTG+2 checks, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP3 calls, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (28.00 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (17.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 folds, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

River: (17.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 30.50 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, BB is a maniac, and he didn't limp/cap, he called a raise and then capped. That from an 80/20 maniac to me means he has two cards.

I don't know if I'm raising KQs against five limpers when I'm out of position. Getting 35:1 and closing the action on the flop, you can call profitably even with a single backdoor draw, so this is fine. I like checking the turn with hopes of raising BB, since you have around 20-25% equity and would probably have a lot of opponents. But having it check around isn't a bad result either. Nice river. Postflop looks good to me, and better players than me probably raise preflop as well.

Edit: I'm a genius and totally missed that you also picked up a flush draw on the turn. Man, that was the absolute perfect turn card! Your equity is actually in the 35-40% range (right?), making a bet totally fine, but I like the c/r attempt much more. Too bad the maniac wussed out.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If hero bets and villain raises, then hero is sad because everyone gets shut out of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think that everybody bails out getting 10:1 or better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily everyone, but enough. Hero has 9 diamonds plus 6 non-repeated OESD outs. I don't trust his K/Q outs in this spot. Hero needs at least 3 callers to make the equity edge. Will there be two cold-callers if villain decides to raise us? It will be close.

That the turn got checked through with seven players is pretty amazing (as is UTG+2's fold).
Old 12-02-2005, 08:36 PM

I think this hand was played well.
I also think going for the checkraise on the turn is the superior play.

I have one question.

Does anybody go for a checkraise on the river?
This was my first thought when I saw the Ace.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Will there be two cold-callers if villain decides to raise us? It will be close.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that it's close. I think that any hand that's going to call one from BB would call two (either you think he's for real and you fold, or you think he's full of sh1t and you call), and the most -EV thing that could happen, no matter how unlikely, is a turn check-through.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody go for a checkraise on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

After you failed to get any money in on the turn? No effing way. Somebody just made aces up, maybe you'll get lucky and get raised. What's better for you, though, is that somebody that just matched up their ace-no-kicker will now call a bet from you, but would never, ever bet out for you.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:48 PM

The limp reraise/cap is an interesting phenomenon. I may give MP credit for a big pair depending on a read, but i think BB is just out there having a good time.

I bet this turn with so many players and such a big pot. If there is no overpair, which is more often than not, your K and/or Q outs could be live -- id give myself maybe 1.5 or 2 outs for them. You have alot of equity and with players that limp/reraise/ limp/cap, you should not worry about the field folding for 2 cold. Bet it, I say.

Edit: Against a maniac like the BB, I actually usually go for a checkraise here like you did. But I do think it's close. My mistake! NH
Old 12-02-2005, 11:09 PM

Well played. You can likely cap preflop with how many people are in this hand, but just calling here isn't a terrible sign, its a confusing play, especially with KQs.

Flop is a definate call, and the turn it a check. There is no need to bet out on the turn. If we want to exploit an equity edge, let's go for the check raise of BB.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:58 AM

I don't see how I can check raise on the river. I don't see it going all the way around unchecked but i think the c/r tells everyone exactly what your hand is and that you aren't going to get anymore bets..

The only other real hand that might be able to c/r this river is AA and he obviously doesn't have that with not capping preflop.

BTW did you out run AA?
Old 12-03-2005, 06:47 AM

I'm wondering how many people just got the rush of blood and bet or how many people actually put some thought into it and made the decision that betting was better than a c/r.

All I was saying is..as soon as I saw that Ace fall on the river, I knew three things.

1. I have the stone cold nuts.
2. There is no way this river gets checked through.

And before we all look at the river action and use our wonderful powers of result orientated thinking...the third thing I've got going through my head when I hit that river (other than $ signs) is that the so called "maniac" is on my immediate left and the most likely card in the entire deck to hit his preflop capping hand has just landed. Most with even mediocre hands are more likely to call one bet from maniac than two after maniac raises my donk.
Failing his bet, I've still got three other players AND a preflop 3bettor to act [refer to point 2].

Betting out is more than likely the best option here but I can't make up my mind. I'm hoping someone else will.