Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 04:02 PM

Default HU $100 NL hand

table's down to me and another player
i have $103 he has $88
.50/1 blinds
hes been raising to 3 in the sb for the past few hands andn taking my blinds
i get AQs in the bb he raises to 3 i reraise pot to 9 he calls
flop is 3 5 9 all my suit
I...
Old 12-02-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: HU $100 NL hand

"continuation bet" like you're supposed to. Fastplaying is like slowplaying, but better. Throw a bet out there.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:13 PM

Somewhat read dependent. At a 6/9 handed table, this is an easy lead.

In HU, however, I think this is definitely opponent dependent. If your villan is a LAG, I don't mind c/c, leading turn. It also depends on the frequency of your c-betting. You really have to mix it up in heads-up, so I don't mind a c/c.

I lead here most of the time, but, there are such cases in which it is better to 'slowplay'.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:21 PM

If you lead, the one hand villian won't put you on is a made flush, because everyone slowplays their flopped nuts. Go big, go for his stack, lead into him and see what he does. If he calls, lead again if a non-flush card comes, check if there's a 4-flush out there. If he raises your flop lead, the question is do you 3-bet him all-in, and there a read would be helpful.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:25 PM

HU is a different animal, but villain appears to a weak-tight HU player if he folding constantly to normal pre-flop raises. I think a check-raise scares him off. Lead out your normal amount and hope he plays back at you. If the 4th card hits just check and hope he has the K. If he has 88, then you aren't getting much here.
Old 12-02-2005, 05:08 PM

Because of the reraise PF I would lead. Then check/call turn. Then lead river. If he raises flop, I would probably still do the same but might check/raise turn or even lead turn.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:12 PM

Im leading this one for sure, a lot of times people will just see it as a c-bet and i highly doubt he is going to put you on a made flush. If a fourth of your suit hits i would slow down and see if i can get him to make a stab at it. Honostly though i feel like a lot of time here you arent going to get much action unless he has another high flush draw, and depending on your opponent a set.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:24 PM

Bet it. If he folds, don't be disappointed, you probably wouldn't have made any more money off of him regardless of how you played it.

To win the most money you need to build a pot. With the somewhat exponential growth of bet sizes in NL, you can lose a lot of later round value by missing a smaller bet early.