Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 11:59 PM

Default Re: A very very well played hand, 200-400 on UB

UB also loves their high limit players.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:03 AM

I love an opportunity to use the pictures...

Old 09-23-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

$.50 is raked from a pot of $2800.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it?? What gives?? They rake over 3 dollars from some pots on the SSNL I play. Could someone please explain why the rake is so low here.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heads up rake at UB is .50.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im not sure why this thread has so much attention, other than the level. I think this is a pretty standard play from the hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I hardly ever see anyone making it when playing against me. I DO try to avoid the very tough players though like the norwegians, eric123 and some others. Maybe I give myself too much credit here but I honestly feel that was my best play in the 2-3 hr session we played. maybe it was because it was not a part of my normal arsinal as far back as 2 months ago.

-E

[/ QUOTE ]

I quite like this line and it reminded me to try and use it in the near future, so thanks for posting the hand.

Question: what makes the darn Scandenavians so good? I'd really like to elevate my HU game to that level, but I don't even know where to begin as I feel I "learn" (as in take something groundbreaking away), very little from each session I play.

Cheers,

Nigel
Old 09-23-2005, 01:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love an opportunity to use the pictures...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad this hand was routine for you, that's really wonderful. For a n00b like me though, it provoked fresh thought on the correct valuation and play of strong A-high hands in SH scenarios. Thinking honestly, I had to admit that as my game stands now, if I bet on this board in this situation, my hand would contain a pair just about 100% of the time.

That's a leak---IT'S PART OF WHY I SUCK AT POKER. And Eugene's post illuminated it, allowing me to maybe suck just a little less.

So kindly STFU and allow me (and probably others) to learn in peace.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im not sure why this thread has so much attention, other than the level. I think this is a pretty standard play from the hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, I hardly ever see anyone making it when playing against me. I DO try to avoid the very tough players though like the norwegians, eric123 and some others. Maybe I give myself too much credit here but I honestly feel that was my best play in the 2-3 hr session we played. maybe it was because it was not a part of my normal arsinal as far back as 2 months ago.

-E

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I'm just a low stakes player looking to learn something from you guys...why is this such a spectacular hand? You made a good guess that your A high hand was good against him...now if you had raised the river for value knowing your hand was good, and/or gotten more chips out of him, then I'd be impressed.

Seriously....I'd really like an explanation as to why this play was so great...and I'm really not trying to be a dik here, I'm sincerely interested. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2005, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
now if you had raised the river for value knowing your hand was good, and/or gotten more chips out of him, then I'd be impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't raise the river, as he is out of position. If he checks the river it is unlikely Indian Head will bet as there is most likely no hand that is better than his that is folding, so a checkraise is not possible.

Also, he can't "know" his hand is good. There is nothing special about the flop and turn action that defines Indian Head's hand.

Also, it would be silly to CR bluff here with the nut nothing.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
now if you had raised the river for value knowing your hand was good, and/or gotten more chips out of him, then I'd be impressed.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't raise the river, as he is out of position. If he checks the river it is unlikely Indian Head will bet as there is most likely no hand that is better than his that is folding, so a checkraise is not possible.

Also, he can't "know" his hand is good. There is nothing special about the flop and turn action that defines Indian Head's hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay, I got the positions mixed up....so betting the river for value, knowing his opponent is very LAG and will continue leading after raising preflop...then betting the river....not sure why you bet here - howdo you know he'll call with a lesser hand??
Old 09-23-2005, 03:43 AM

hopefully you've answered your question about what was special about the hand
Old 09-23-2005, 03:51 AM

Eugene, I think you're a solid high limit HU player, but this is pretty damn boring stuff, and mike l. is right, you can find it at Party 5-10. I am sure you have far more interesting hands than this one. Post them.