Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Some Sites to Play \"Other Games\"

[ QUOTE ]

I'm by no means a pro, but I just wanted to add in my 2 cents. If you want to play 5/10 or higher, your only choices on this list are triple draw and high draw.

I can't speak for the state of high draw, but triple draw games are fairly good once you get above the microlimits. Triple draw variance can just be ridiculious. My biggest wins and largest losses at a given limit are all at triple draw. The nature of the game attracts true gamblers which makes the games great.

[/ QUOTE ]

My experience in draw high is more in tournaments than cash games, but draw high is very much unlike TDL in that the variance of draw high is lower than most other forms of poker. So a positive EV draw player could get away with a smaller bankroll for a given limit than a holdem player or a triple draw player at the same limits.

The nature of draw high is that the negative EV players consistently lose and most of them either improve or quit. One of the reasons why (single draw) lowball eventually surpassed draw high for popularity in California was because lowball has a higher variance, which is more attractive to the gamboolers and the fish. The fish hit a winning streak and think they are good drawing 2 to eights. If triple draw had been around in California before holdem was legalized, I bet it would have been even more popular than draw high or lowball. Alas, holdem came along and the fishies love holdem...

Back to draw high games; I haven't played the games at Paradise in several months, but when I did, the few times I went above the $1/$2 tables, you found the best and the worst players. As far as the PL Draw games at 24h, I've only played above €0.50/1.00 once and that was only because 2 huge fish were at the same €2/€4 table and I pulled a hit-and-run. Many of the regulars at the higher limit PL Draw cash games are the toughest players in the higher buy-in draw tournaments and I have no desire to play ring games with them.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Some Sites to Play \"Other Games\"

Bump.

We need a moderator, Timprov, Mark, TT?