Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2004, 04:36 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Party gone completely Bananas !!!

I don't play much at Party, but today I was going to play some NLHE.
I chose a 200NL table, join the table. click on the open seat and I am ready to take 200$ to the table...but wait... there is something new...in the window where I am supposed to write an amount, the preselected option is 200.000.000$ (yes 200 millions).
I check the cashier, no the fools haven't credited 200 millions to my account. Damn, I would have loved to withdraw 200 millions from Party [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Back to the table, it's just a question of writing the right amount, I don't want to understand the reasoning behind the preselected amount, I have given up long time ago on their logic. Just let me join the aquarium.
I write 200$ in the window, click ok...a desagreable little window appears: "please enter the amount you wish to take to the table" [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
That's what I have just done, you moron...wait, perhaps they want me to specify the cents as well..I try again, 200.00$ damn, same message. OK, perhaps they don't want the Kotz leader to sit down with 200$ I try 100$ no, same thing.
I try several tables, several limits. At the limit tables you can chose to sit down with your full bankroll; that works,, but at the NL tables, where you have to write an amount, they just won't let me join; the irritating little message keeps poping up.

Ok, new aproach. they have a live support option, let's try that...click, click..."this option is not available at the moment" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG GGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't panic, I write a mail, then do something else, that gives them time to answer (I hope),

5 hours later they answer my mail, here is what they say:

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Care team.

We apologise for the inconvience caused. To solve this problem just follow the following steps and that will resolve the problem.

Click on Sstart >> Select Control Panel >> Go to Regional settings
Select Language options, Choose Format as English (United States) and save settings- Reboot the computer and Connect to Partypoker.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Shailesh K.
Customer Care Department

In other words, they want me to change the language my computer uses to english.
I live in Denmark, the language my computer uses to communicate with me is Danish, I use my PC for many other things besides poker, no other site has such ridicoulous demands.
How about Swedes, Norvegians, Germans, French, Italians and so on? Do they also have to change the language as a result of the last discount software upgrade from this ridicoulous site?

Somebody please tell me I have totally misunderstood something here..This can't be happening, nobody is that stupid!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2004, 05:37 PM

Default Re: Party gone completely Bananas !!!

Given that the table names have numerous spelling errors... I have no trouble believing that they really are that stupid. If they would just spend .00001% of the rake they earn every day on improving their software, they would have gotten there a long time ago.

I almost get the impression that they are just milking as much as they can out of the site until online poker is declared illegal in the US. Has anyone else thought of this as a possibility? They don't want to waste money on the software if their business is going to go to hell shortly anways?

BTW - if you look at the table names, one of them is something along the lines of "I like nuts" - I almost spit out part of my soda on the keyboard when I saw this.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:22 PM

I had the same problem.
You've to type the amount and push enter. Otherwise it's all screwed!
Imagine how I feel when I lose a few big pot and try to rebuy.
Why the hell did they change it.
Old 03-08-2004, 06:42 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

Thanks Hung,

I did as you suggested and it worked.

Ironic that I have to post here to get the solution to their last stupidity, while the ignorant in India tells me to do something that doesn't even make sense.

Thanks again [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-08-2004, 07:25 PM

If you see me try not to take all my money.
Always remember who helped you [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] haha
my nick is fei_hung
Old 03-08-2004, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Re: Party gone completely Bananas !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with bananas? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]