Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 12:00 AM

Default \"Other Poker\" Tourney Thursday

Well, several offbeat tournaments online tonight. Last night I had made a rare visit back to Planet Poker to play a limit 5 card draw MTT and won (only 17 players; gratuitous bragging).

No Tom Bayes mojo tonight. In the first tourney of my series, we had 10 players for HORSE at Full Tilt. I sucked and Spidurman won. http://www.livejournal.com/users/weirdpoker/1158.html

They are still playing NL KC Lowball at GamesGrid. I finished 14th of 26.

Unfortunately, the Dealer's choice tourney at GamesGrid went awry. Someone accidentally made it a NL tourney, which is silly for most of the HORSE games we chose from. The tourney was stopped and cancelled (we got refunds) quickly. I chose razz on my only button, was dealt (24)5, raised, got one caller. I then proceeded to catch A3 for a five-card wheel. But I couldn't exploit NL Razz because my opponent kept catching horrible bricks. I checked to 6th, hoping he could catch something to bet, but I never was able to get any action on my 5 card wheel in my only hand ever of NL Razz.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: \"Other Poker\" Tourney Thursday

[ QUOTE ]
Well, several offbeat tournaments online tonight. Last night I had made a rare visit back to Planet Poker to play a limit 5 card draw MTT and won (only 17 players; gratuitous bragging).

No Tom Bayes mojo tonight. In the first tourney of my series, we had 10 players for HORSE at Full Tilt. I sucked and Spidurman won. http://www.livejournal.com/users/weirdpoker/1158.html

They are still playing NL KC Lowball at GamesGrid. I finished 14th of 26.

Unfortunately, the Dealer's choice tourney at GamesGrid went awry. Someone accidentally made it a NL tourney, which is silly for most of the HORSE games we chose from. The tourney was stopped and cancelled (we got refunds) quickly. I chose razz on my only button, was dealt (24)5, raised, got one caller. I then proceeded to catch A3 for a five-card wheel. But I couldn't exploit NL Razz because my opponent kept catching horrible bricks. I checked to 6th, hoping he could catch something to bet, but I never was able to get any action on my 5 card wheel in my only hand ever of NL Razz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Tom, I was one of the players Spidurman brought to the game. I was the one that filled up on the river in Stud against you...

Thanks for setting up the game. I'd suggest in the future thought that you start a new thread to remind people about an upcoming game. I would have not known about it, if it were not for Spidy.