Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 03:08 PM

Default Stress

Im just really tired of everything right now, everything just pisses me off. Either im going thru some insane depression and need to see a doctor or I need a vacation. I havent been out of the house all summer, I guess thats also what kind of annoys me. The few times I was out of the house was in family vacations and I have to say those were a fun, but very stressful days off, between my little nephews crying and me being dragged to circus circus even if I hate that damn place, and was there for 10 hours just sitting there doing nothing cause circus circus sucks ass and also because I had to run around taking care of my little nephews I consider looking after them as doing nothing because I usually just have to follow the older one and he takes care of himself, hes just not old enough to be walking around alone. I dont know maybe I should go see a doctor to give me a bunch of pills or maybe I should get out somewhere, but then my family would freak out that I want to get out of town alone, I can hear them now, "lets all go", followed by me not getting any rest at all. I dont know what do you guys think? Get pills or make up some BS excuse to get out of town? Also what kind of BS excuse?
Old 09-20-2005, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Stress

you can see a doctor without getting a bunch of pills....see a psychologist....
Old 09-20-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im just really tired of everything right now, everything just pisses me off. Either im going thru some insane depression and need to see a doctor or I need a vacation. I havent been out of the house all summer, I guess thats also what kind of annoys me. The few times I was out of the house was in family vacations and I have to say those were a fun, but very stressful days off, between my little nephews crying and me being dragged to circus circus even if I hate that damn place, and was there for 10 hours just sitting there doing nothing cause circus circus sucks ass and also because I had to run around taking care of my little nephews I consider looking after them as doing nothing because I usually just have to follow the older one and he takes care of himself, hes just not old enough to be walking around alone. I dont know maybe I should go see a doctor to give me a bunch of pills or maybe I should get out somewhere, but then my family would freak out that I want to get out of town alone, I can hear them now, "lets all go", followed by me not getting any rest at all. I dont know what do you guys think? Get pills or make up some BS excuse to get out of town? Also what kind of BS excuse?

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave town, don't tell your family, chill for a day or two, come back.

If that doesn't work, then go see a doctor.
Old 09-20-2005, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leave town, don't tell your family, chill for a day or two, come back.

If that doesn't work, then go see a doctor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave a note--otherwise your family will worry
turn off your cell
don't drink

drive to the gulfcoast and volunteer
Old 09-20-2005, 06:58 PM

You could've played low limit at Circus while someone else watches the nephews.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont know maybe I should go see a doctor to give me a bunch of pills

[/ QUOTE ]

Pills will not solve your current situation, no more than alcohol or any other drug would.

[ QUOTE ]
or maybe I should get out somewhere

[/ QUOTE ]

As others have said, get away. Your family will only freak if you leave without telling them. Hopefully they will be understanding about your need for some space to yourself and encourage you to go away. Take a road trip somewhere, take a greyhound, or a train ride.

Time to yourself is what you need, not pills.