Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 09:34 PM

Default Should I have Slow Played This???

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, Button folds.

River: (10.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
Old 07-06-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Should I have Slow Played This???

CO doesn't look particularly thrilled with his hand since he never raised at any point. Combine that with the button merely calling on the flop (if he raised you could probably check-raise for an extra bet on the turn) and you probably extracted as much value as you could on this hand.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:50 PM

Seems like a fine play to me. The pot is relatively big so you could of forced people out. Which is what your betting would be doing for me. Albeit there isn't much of any draws out there.

But your hand was also a monster so you could of checked and given a free card. You could of checked again and seen if the CO would of bet the turn there, but only if you are fairly certain about that.

I think that is the one alternative play you have there and it would only increased the final pot by two big bets.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:51 PM

No.