Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 08:16 PM

Default $11 - Got a boat and wanna do lorinda\'s donk push with the nuts

He's not laying down a flush, obviously. Or three queens, but he probably doesn't have one, cause he would have bet the flop if he did.

Is there a way to get some more value out of this, or did I do things right? He might call with a bunch of worse hands, I'm not sure.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP1 (t880)
MP2 (t775)
MP3 (t525)
CO (t1150)
Button (t830)
SB (t785)
BB (t770)
UTG (t550)
Hero (t800)
UTG+2 (t935)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t15, Hero calls t15, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls t15, Button calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (t82.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (t82.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t55</font>, Button folds, BB folds, UTG folds, Hero calls t55.

River: (t192.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets t60</font>, Hero bets 730 (all-in)
Old 09-25-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Re: $11 - Got a boat and wanna do lorinda\'s donk push with the nuts

Villain calls with QQ and Hero realizes he does not have the nuts.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:55 PM

pushing on river utg might look like a steal... not check raising all in... but I also think that pushing the river does not work all of the time... villain has to have some kind of hand to call
Old 09-25-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pushing on river utg might look like a steal... not check raising all in... but I also think that pushing the river does not work all of the time... villain has to have some kind of hand to call

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I like open-pushing the river on a board of this texture. Thanks to the paired Q's and the 3 diamonds, there is great potential for a second-best hand that will call an all-in bet from you.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:01 PM

I dislike this. Trip queens will fold, baby flushes will fold. QQ, A/K flush and other boats will call, although it's unlikely anyone checked a set on that flop.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:04 PM

This is an $11. Baby flushes aren't folding and trip queens aren't folding. Make a standard river value bet and you'll get action from a lot more hands, I guarantee it. Any flush/trips/boat is raising for sure in an $11, and you still manage to tag A5o and any PP. lol
Old 09-25-2005, 09:35 PM

I really dont like check raising here. It gives the donk a chance to escape, either by checking behind or folding because it looks SO suspicious. If you value bet, youre bound to kill him to some extent.

I think open pushing is better than check raising. Cuz the donk will be so happy hes "trapped" trips or made trips OR try to catch you stealing. If hes gonna call any decent amount, hell call the whole thing. If you bet less, its a huge risk that youll get less.

I think I would open push.

Brian