Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-10-2005, 10:46 PM

Default PP 2-table SNG\'s -- anybody else like these?

I am pretty new to the world of SNG's -- only about 200 games, but lately I have been playing the $11 2-table SNG's on PartyPoker and seem to be having much better success. I know it's a very, very small sample, but in 26 games since I've been keeping track I have ITM of 46.15% and ROI of 82%, and I enjoy the game much better.

I'm not asking for a critique of my stats or anything like that, I'm just curious if anyone else makes money at these, plays these, likes these, hates these, thinks I'm a moron, etc.

Please discuss.

B.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: PP 2-table SNG\'s -- anybody else like these?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just curious if anyone else makes money at these, plays these, likes these, hates these, thinks I'm a moron, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. You choose which one I refer to.....

Just kidding. I like these tourneys as well for a change of pace and easy money. That, and the Mini-steps for practice, Hold-em for boosting ITM/ROI and Stud for general relaxation.

Shhhh... Don't tell anyone about these gold-mines. We don't want the others to catch on to how profitable they are.

Welcome to the forums!
Slacker
Old 08-11-2005, 12:11 AM

i used to like them because blinds changed on time instead of hands like in sngs.. i used to do well in them but i need just the right amount of energy..i usually have only enough for an sng (hour and 1/2) or a mtt

its more $/hr to play sngs for me though because in those, you can spend 2.5 hours to get 5th place.. never tried multitabling them however...something i have to consider trying
Old 08-11-2005, 12:32 AM

I like the blind structure much better, and I think I do better with the additional starting chips (1000 instead of 800), seems to allow for more opportunities to take advatange of other's poor play.

Time is a factor, but since I'm doing better, I'm willing to take the additional :45 min. and play a couple at a time -- at least for now.

BTW -- Love this forum, already learned a lot.

B.