Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2005, 04:17 AM

Default Re: LC: One year ago (Stolen from STT Forum)

Exactly one year ago I was in St. Marteen for the IPF tournament series held there. It was at the time my largest buy-in (I think $3k, won via satellite on Party). Nothing does more for advancing your poker skills then a solid week of live play with a bunch of crazy Europeans (particularly the Norwegians). That definitely took my game to another level (plus the confidence that came from my first live final table in one of the smaller events). I also met my first 2+2er - Enon, who doesn't post here as often as he should.

I had already started going deep in Party Supers and felt like I was an above average player.

Unfortunately, things haven't progressed much since then although I can't complain. I keep going deep in the Supers, I've had some nice wins live, but haven't really gone to the next level like Sirio's run a few weeks ago (an amazing and motivating feet).

I really want to make some advancements next year and include going deep in a major live event. I'd also like to make a final table in one of the big Sunday lottery tournies and also figure out how to freakin' beat the Stars tournies like I do the Party ones (and no, I really don't think it's hugely because of the quality of the field. for me it's more of getting into the rhythym of their very fast structure during the middle game - that's where I falter).