Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 04:04 AM

Default Interesting river decision

This is a hand from an $11 3 table at PS. BB has been laggy, calling raises in and out of position. He has bet me off of two pots I thought I had impetus in.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (7 handed) converter

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB (t1904)
<font color="#C00000">BB (t16230)</font>
UTG (t1256)
MP1 (t4115)
MP2 (t4376)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t6929)</font>
Button (t5690)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls t200, Hero calls t200, Button calls t200, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (t950) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t400</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls t400, Button folds.

Turn: (t1750) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t600</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1800</font>, BB calls t1200.

River: (t5350) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets t2805</font>

Critique on the play so far, and what do you do on the river?

-D.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:16 AM

Default Re: Interesting river decision

Preflop:
I generally don't like limping in in late pos, especially with a semi-deep stack, but I'm very aggresive. I would have raised to 600 if I felt I had to play the hand. In most cases though, with a caller in front of me, and the big stack yet to act, I'd strongly consider throwing A3o away.

Flop:
I probably would have raised the flop. If BB is aggressive, he might bet into the flop with anything, and a raise might give you an idea of what he has.

By the river you're kicker is worthless, but if he was playing A-rag also you have a split pot. The only Ace that has you beat is AK or AQ, which he probably would have raised preflop. I'm thinking he's been playing Queens or a medium-high pocket pair, and I call the river.
Old 09-25-2005, 07:31 AM

I like waitign for the turn to raise, but I dont know if that card is sfart for the steraight dudes, I'd call hoping to get showdown becuase often they flopped top and bottom pair get scared by the Q because they arne very good at school and the guy who gets hell of chicks alreayd knew this becausae its not just commmon sense, its the peopel in betweem the guys who werwe able to breal up all those fightst altyhough to think of something else. I think everybody elsea is eithrt dirtysanch this hand not seriously enough (which before I deleted was namdnec daghamosNGWE ITHE SKY) [She actually cares about the environement] so if he has to its not that strange... so if you dont have something to say then shut the fuckup because we're not getting as much as this dude, seriusly

IU hate the guacamolan who wants me to understand her bu I dont give a [censored]. Two people owe me 12 [acks, you know who you are.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:08 PM

I actually hated the river bet, because I put him on a nine. Then I looked at the amount he bet- it left him with an even number in his stack. I thought it was more likely he had a Q and was on a steal or was blocking. I called. Split the pot with A3.