Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 01:58 PM

Default Live 1-2 NL

Ok making this post from memory... 300 buy in NL 1-2.

I'm on the button with AKs - ($450 approx in my stack)
Villain is relatively new to the table probably $270ish in stack - no real read - he likes to see flops cheap if he can)

Villain UTG raises to $10 (typical pre-flop raise at this table) 1 caller to me (caller is horrible - extremely loose and passive)
I raise to $25

Call - Call

Flop is
K T 7 rainbow

Checked to me. I bet out for $30 (too low?)
Villain calls - LoosePassive folds.

Turn is T (full rainbow now - no flush possible)
I bet out for $30 - again too low?
Villian raises to $85
I called - probably bad - either push or fold I am guessing...

River blank.. (2?)
Villian pushes.
Your move?

Let me add - I hardly every play NL cash games - I normally play SnG's on Party (my post flop play sucks but I can handle the ICM calculations...) So please blast my play.

Thanks...
Old 11-08-2005, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Live 1-2 NL

As played, I fold to the turn check-raise. Youa re advertising AK and he showed that he has that beat. If he doesn't you will get his stack soon enough.

Make it $50 on the flop. Check that turn and prepare to call anything but a push on the river. If he checks the river, I would either check behind (if I was concerned about a T) or make a 3/4 pot-sized bet.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:15 PM

Your continuation on the bet was actually a little high. No real need to bet more than the pot, but $30 isn't really a overbet either. I'd just pot it or maybe bet 3/4 pot.

On the turn, he either has the T or he doesn't. Check/calling the turn might be ok, then making a river decision based on how much he bets (or checking behind if he checks). As the hand played out, I think betting about half the pot on the turn is fine, but his reraise is really bad for you. I think folding to his turn raise once the board pairs is best. Most people don't get aggressive when the board pairs unless they have trips or better (i.e. JT or AT). Once you call, then you should fold the river when he pushes. You have a one pair hand on a paired board. Anything villain might have other than a badly overplayed KQ or JQ has you beaten.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your continuation on the bet was actually a little high. No real need to bet more than the pot, but $30 isn't really a overbet either. I'd just pot it or maybe bet 3/4 pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot had $75 (he raised to $25 and got 2 callers) or did I miss something. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot had $75 (he raised to $25 and got 2 callers) or did I miss something. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop - 3 players and a $75 pot
Old 11-08-2005, 02:23 PM

Might be missing something here, but it looks like the pot was ~75 on the flop...I'd say 30 was way too small to get any idea of where you stood. I'd have made it 60 on the flop...which hopefully would have folded your opponent out if indeed he did have a naked ten.

As played, it seems possibly that villian is taking a shot at you when the board paired tens and you had thrown out two very weak bets. Because of this, I guess I'd have to call, but I'd have rather made bigger bets that forced the opponent to really tell me if he liked his hand instead of inducing him to take the shot.

If he had the ten, bummer.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:12 PM

I raise more pre-flop. I check behind on the turn and call a reasonable bet/value bet the river.