Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 12:52 PM

Default Re: DRUNKEN PLAY

[ QUOTE ]
Does any1 have an effective way of making sure they don't play when they are drunk. Seems like about once a month I'll get drunk then think its a real good idea to move up like 3 limits and start playing crazy. This has been my major ongoing problem and I'm wondering if any1 else has had it too.
Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's time for AA?

bc
Old 09-30-2005, 12:59 PM

Change your password to "Areyousurethisisagooddecision"
Old 09-30-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does any1 have an effective way of making sure they don't play when they are drunk. Seems like about once a month I'll get drunk then think its a real good idea to move up like 3 limits and start playing crazy. This has been my major ongoing problem and I'm wondering if any1 else has had it too.
Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have a limited poker bankroll, you probably won't be making this mistake too many more times.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are other tricks you can use. I used to put my mouse in my glovebox or trunk. If I didn't make it home in my car I wasn't going to be able to play. If I did make it home usually just the fact that I sat down at the computer and my mouse was still in the car helped me slow down and think about things a little better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it ever cause you to think that if you're too drunk to walk outside to the glovebox for a mouse, then you might have been too drunk to drive?
Old 09-30-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nothing better than getting really trashed and deciding to show those 15/30 bozos who the man is. Been there done that.

[/ QUOTE ]
me too me too
Old 09-30-2005, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are other tricks you can use. I used to put my mouse in my glovebox or trunk. If I didn't make it home in my car I wasn't going to be able to play. If I did make it home usually just the fact that I sat down at the computer and my mouse was still in the car helped me slow down and think about things a little better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did it ever cause you to think that if you're too drunk to walk outside to the glovebox for a mouse, then you might have been too drunk to drive?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to read more carefully.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to read more carefully.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If I did make it home usually just the fact that I sat down at the computer and my mouse was still in the car helped me slow down and think about things a little better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed that part concerned nights he made it home w/ car.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:20 PM

I play my serious poker on eurobet but I still have a party account that I keep a few hundred bucks in for sng's and drunken shenanigans in O/8 and auto pushing w/ 2 cards above an 8 in the 25NL tables (run-on much?). I think it is a great way to still keep poker fun and far from serious and you can definitely be alright with pissing away a hundred or so on a drunken night once a month or whatever. The other solution is get many drunken friends and play a piss drunk cash game for a nominal amount of money. this ensure drunkeness, yelling, sucking out and generally horribly enjoyable playing.
Old 09-30-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Hmmm

Just post in 2+2 before you go out and go drinking so we all can be waiting for you when you drunkenly spew your chips [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]