Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Why are people\'s deaths being used politically?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that the Democrats are currently using the dead and refugees for political advantage. Does that make anyone besides me sick? I don't care which party it is, using things like this, an act of God or Mother Nature or whatever the hell you want to call it, for political gain is embarrassing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Republicans and 9/11. We're only trying to play the same game or is that wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh... how quickly liberals forget that they too were beating the war drums just as loud as conservatives after 9/11.

Do any of you really think something as wide reaching as the Patriot Act could have passed without bi-partasin support?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly the point. The Patriot Act was rammed through Congress - who is going to vote against something called the Patriot Act less than 2 months after 9/11?

I suppose jaxmike hates it when these things are used for political gain, but also hates it when people attack another person's military service record.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:06 PM

If both parties don't make you sick, you're just not listening close enough.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:19 PM

Default LOL

[ QUOTE ]
Why is it that the Democrats are currently using the dead and refugees for political advantage. Does that make anyone besides me sick? I don't care which party it is, using things like this, an act of God or Mother Nature or whatever the hell you want to call it, for political gain is embarrassing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh you mean like the chickenhawks and neocons used 9/11?
Old 09-14-2005, 12:04 AM

has any one seen bin laden?

Old 09-14-2005, 12:11 AM

Because all of the globalists attempt to pacify the masses by exploiting the death of the innocent - and sometimes the guilty.
Old 09-14-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you know how some people feel about Bush and 9/11

[/ QUOTE ]

i seriously thought the OP was joking. the republicans have been using the dead from 9/11 for political advantage for the last four years...what an unbelievable lack of logic...

rj
Old 09-14-2005, 12:47 AM

Would it have been appropriate, were the federal response a raging success, to have made political points with the success? If so, why shouldn't political points be lost for a failure?
Old 09-14-2005, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you know how some people feel about Bush and 9/11

[/ QUOTE ]

i seriously thought the OP was joking. the republicans have been using the dead from 9/11 for political advantage for the last four years...what an unbelievable lack of logic...

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not at all convinced that he IS serious.

To say that Democrats are using death for political gain is so remarkably short-sighted, it literally borders on insanity. Bush/Cheney's ONLY real message in last November's election was that the American public was safer with them in charge. Now that Democrats are simply exposing this obvious falacy, we are 'using' the death of the people Bush/Cheney (and the local and state governments) failed to protect?

We aren't using death for political gain, we are using the current administrations pervasive incompetence.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If both parties don't make you sick, you're just not listening close enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thread Over.

Cody
Old 09-14-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Republicans and 9/11. We're only trying to play the same game or is that wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh... how quickly liberals forget that they too were beating the war drums just as loud as conservatives after 9/11.

Do any of you really think something as wide reaching as the Patriot Act could have passed without bi-partasin support?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people were talking more about the use of 9/11 footage in political adverts etc.