Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: All eyes to Mecca

The accurate point, which Felix made a little imprecisely, is that most terrorist attacks against the West are committed by Muslims.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Muslim Immigrants: Importing Terrorists?

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't Islam supposed to be a religion against violence, all I ever hear from Muslim leaders are that the people who carry out these attacks are not Muslims, they only think they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

Islam is clearly not against violence. If you read the Koran you will see this is so.

Mohammed was clearly not against violence, either. He personally led over a dozen military campaigns of conquest during his lifetime.

Many imams call for violence. I don't know which Muslim leaders you are referring to, unless you are referring to the publicity after a major terrorist incident, when a few of them will come out and publicly say, "Oh, Islam is AGAINST terrorism". Well...that's NOT what many of the preach in their regular weekly sermons (see www.MEMRI.org for verbatim transcripts of many of these sermons), and it's not what the Koran says, either.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The accurate point, which Felix made a little imprecisely, is that most terrorist attacks against the West are committed by Muslims.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its true, I agree.

Mack
Old 07-16-2005, 11:59 AM

I see you.

I thought you were going to answer WHY? Why usually means reasons.

For a moment I thought you were beginning to consider the difficult questions and not just spout off. My mistake. Carry on.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Islam is clearly not against violence. If you read the Koran you will see this is so.

Mohammed was clearly not against violence, either. He personally led over a dozen military campaigns of conquest during his lifetime.

Many imams call for violence. I don't know which Muslim leaders you are referring to, unless you are referring to the publicity after a major terrorist incident, when a few of them will come out and publicly say, "Oh, Islam is AGAINST terrorism". Well...that's NOT what many of the preach in their regular weekly sermons (see www.MEMRI.org for verbatim transcripts of many of these sermons), and it's not what the Koran says, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few preach hatred, they do it openly, most of them seem to be against violence, they certainly don't make these speeches in public places, like Abu Hamza for example.

All balanced sources, BBC and government say Islam is a religion of peace, not just Muslim leaders, I know not to take everything you hear seriously, but you have to get your information from somewhere, lets not get paranoid (everyones lying to us).

Regards Mack
Old 07-16-2005, 12:16 PM

I just watched Blair on TV clearly stating that the problem is not Islam and that Islam does not condone this behaviour.

I will take his word (and my extensive reading) over your narrow viewpoint.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:27 PM

Is the U.S. presence in Iraq bs? Yes.

Have Muslim countries been royally screwed over by the U.S, Israel and company? No question about it.

My quarrel with Islam is not rooted in "hatred for brown people" or any other such nonesense. However, we have a cultural war on our hands. How anyone in England, France or the Netherlands (where the culture is slowly being eroded by Islam) can defend this intolerant, pathetic excuse for a religion is beyond me. Especially folks in the United Kingdom in light of what happened last week.

Concede to the demands of Islam (some not unreasonable- to be sure) and the demands become greater and greater- furthering their goal of oppressing the world with their beliefs and culture.

I know the ultra-liberals will never be convinced of the fact that I and my ilk really are not entirely right wing racist wackos. That is unfortunate because the chasm between our mutual thinking will continue to stunt our progress.

What really blows my mind is the left wing Christian bashers who turn around and defend Islam- a far more intolerant religion that advocates violence that cannot even begin to compare to a few "Christian" nut cases.

All the best to my British brothers after the recent attack. Disagree as we may, I certainly would not wish death or dismemberment on those whose opinions differ from mine.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just watched Blair on TV clearly stating that the problem is not Islam and that Islam does not condone this behaviour.

I will take his word (and my extensive reading) over your narrow viewpoint.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try and keep an open mind when Atlantic City residents are dying of radiation poisoning.

BTW, sorry if I have come off as rude but this topic inflames passions in me greater than that all-natual busty babe in my avatar.

I'm going back to the poker discussion that I came to this site for in the first place. Arguing about this is ridiculous. Nobody is going to persuade anyone else to change their thinking.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody is going to persuade anyone else to change their thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the objective of the intellectually challenged.

My objective is to refine my own understanding of the world. Writing helps me clarify. Refuting theories motivates me to write.

Plus, this is the only place where I (in real life very mild mannered, quiet person) gets to occaisonally call people morons or idiots. I dont think I have ever done that to anyone in real life. Kind of fun!

So, if you like stick around. You never know you might learn something.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Naturally, I assumed with two such knowledgable posters as yourself this must be true. So I decided to research a little. I searched for "Terrorism in the U.S.". The very first hit was a webpage that I think we can acknowledge has no partisan bias.

http://www.fbi.gov/publications/terr...01.htm#page_19

"The FBI recorded eight terrorist incidents and one terrorist prevention in the United States and its territories in 2000. Each of the eight terrorist incidents was perpetrated by domestic terrorists. Likewise, the terrorist plot prevented by law enforcement was being planned by a domestic terrorist. No acts of international terrorism were carried out in the United States in 2000.

All of the terrorist incidents that occurred in the United States during calendar year 2000 were carried out by special interest terrorists, specifically animal rights and environmental extremists.
"

"2001 IN REVIEW

The FBI recorded 14 terrorist incidents and two terrorist preventions in the United States and its territories in 2001. Twelve of the 14 recorded incidents were carried out by domestic terrorists. One incident, the terrorist attack of September 11, was perpetrated by international terrorists. At this time, the other incident, an unsolved series of anthrax-tainted letters sent through the U.S. postal system, cannot yet be characterized as either domestic or international in nature. The two terrorist plots prevented by law enforcement in 2001 were being planned by domestic extremists.

Eight of the terrorist incidents that occurred in the United States in 2001 have been attributed to the Earth Liberation Front (ELF).
"

I dunno if the damn towelheads have taken to rescuing animals but these dudes sound white to me. Weird eh?