Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Share your travel experiences, help me choose a place to go!

Not sure where else to put this but im have a month of starting july 15th and i want to travel somewhere warm, where i can surf/party/relax, and enjoy a culture different then canada's. I was thinking Thialand, Costa Rica, Brazil. Thialand is expensive to get to, and pretty hot right now, Costa Rica is supposed to be in their rainy season which could hinder traveling pretty badly. And im a little worried about the language barrier in Brazil. Any input, or other travel destinations with experiences would be great, or even another forum, or place to post this would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-04-2005, 04:18 AM

Default Re: Share your travel experiences, help me choose a place to go!

Bankok makes a hard man humble...
Old 07-04-2005, 04:19 AM

Costa Rica is sweet and cheap as all hell. I went in november though, so I couldn't tell you about the weather.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:22 AM

Aruba baby!
Old 07-04-2005, 06:29 AM

Okay try to bump this or PM me in a few daysso I can better answer the questions as I am hammered right now and probably forgetting a lot of [censored]. Regarding Thailand. It's wild, very beautiful but what you should be doing really depends on what you like to do for fun. Women situation can get crazy there. Thailand is pretty hot all year around. It also has a pretty intense rainy season which I am not sure if it will be during the time you would be going but would probably only be a look at lonelyplanet away from finding out. And by intense rainy season I mean moonsoon style [censored]. It is really expensive to get to but pretty cheap once you are there. Especially the food. You can eat really excellent and delicious food for less thand $1.50 a day. Also, when you talk about a language barrier you are going to have a big problem any of the places that you are considering but especially in Thailand. You have no idea how similar languages are to each other until you travel to a country that has a completely different alphabet than yours. It is very tough to deal with but can be fun if you like that kind of thing. Anyway, Bangkok, is sewer, nasty place. If I were you I would plan on getting there, go to the palace, watch some muay thai and get out of there on a flight to phukhet or somewhere the same day. Hit up the beaches there or a town not to far from there and just enjoy some of the most beautiful beaches and rainforests you will ever see. Make sure you ride an elephant through the jungle. Oh and if you are considering South America and Brazil doesn't suit your fancy, consider Argentina, absoutely beautiful country. It is winter there so it may be a very good time to hit up the rainforest area around Iguazu falls, (which you could get to from Brazil also). During a lot of the year, it can be too hot to get to but their winter (northern hemisphere summer) is the best time to get to rainforest type areas.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:39 AM

Amsterdam.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:09 PM

Whats the language barrier like in thialand, do most shops, hotels ect. have people that speak basic english, or would i be relying on a phrase book?
Old 07-04-2005, 02:18 PM

Look into Croatia, it was the best vacation spot I ever went to.

If you want an idea, google pictures of the following places. Dubrovnik, Hvar Island (anywhere else on the Dalmatian coast)
Old 07-04-2005, 02:30 PM

Spain... Definitely my best vacation ever. The people there are awsome and the partying is insane. The beaches are very clean and there is always something going on. Definitely something you should consider. Also, you can get to Ibiza from there which is pretty much party island. Trust me, you will never forget it
Old 07-04-2005, 02:30 PM