Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 06-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Luv2DriveTT Luv2DriveTT is offline
Junior Member

Location: USA
Default Re: \"I Wanna See That Hand\" at MGM Las Vegas

I wrote two columns on this issue last year.

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_maga...02&m_id=88

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_maga...amp;m_id=65550

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this topic gets too much airtime and blown way out of proportion. Yknow what really slows the game? The discussion about the intent of the rule. Calling the floor over, etc.

When I go to showdown, I am fully aware that someone may ask to see my hand. So what? Most don't know what to do with the info anyways. One hand isn't going to reveal every tool in my box in the game. It doesn't bother me at all. I think the players who really get upset about this rule, generally, aren't that strong of players. Otherwise, something so petty wouldn't get them so bent out of shape.

There are better things to study and worry about than someone asking to see your hand.

Bernie's right. I think almost all of the time they just want to see what you had, not how you play. I don't get into snits about this anymore, and it used to piss me off something royal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, I have learned to live with it unless the abuser is obnoxious. Then I'll use it against him to put the f*cker on tilt. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I'm rather good at tilting people, I think Joe Tall just experienced it first hand 2 weeks ago in Vegas when a local started asking to see hands at the river and the guy to his right was offended because he felt the old guy assumed he was cheating. He proceeded to spew chips, Good times...

PS: I'm all for mandatory showdown of all hands on the river if thats what it takes to have a faster moving table and a happier environment. I have nothing to hide.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 11:42 PM
LoosenUp LoosenUp is offline
Member

Location: Boston, MA
Default Re: I saw a couple of villains caught by this Saturday

[ QUOTE ]

Naturally, he had crap and was accused of colluding with the other player. They put up a fight, but the floor removed the mucking player from the game.

I recognized them both as card room sleazebags and angle shooters, but did not associate them together.

[/ QUOTE ]

One point for the good guys, great to hear.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:24 AM
bdk3clash bdk3clash is offline
Senior Member

Location: New York City

Speaking of instatilt, I really don't try to ever do this but I managed to get this one dude really, really angry at me in the MGM Grand 10/20 during the recent Sklanskypalooza.
Here's the hand. Basically, it was 3-way on the river with MaxPower in EP, Young Dude to my right, and me on the button. MaxPower checked, Young Dude checked, I bet, MaxPower checkraised, and Young Dude was thinking/talking out loud/showboating for a legit 30 seconds or more about his "agonizing" laydown. He didn't seem like he was going to be acting anytime soon so I said "clock" to the dealer.

Normally the dealers ignore me when I say this because they assume I'm joking. I don't really care what they do, but I kind of like it to get out there that whatever is going on is taking too long and someone should do something to make something happen.

Anyway, I had been pretty nice to this dealer (as I typically am) and he said something like "Time requested, player has one minute to act."

Anyhoo the young dude got super-pissed and threatened to call the clock on me every time, which is fine with me since I've generally thought out a few steps ahead and almost never take a noticeable amount of time to act. He mucked (it was clear he was going to, BTW), and proceded to get super-pissed at me.

I'm not one to do the whole "get the table on tilt because it'll make them play worse" schtick because when I play live I generally just try to have a good time and keep things friendly, but I also occassionally enjoy things when they get adversarial, whether I'm involved or not. This was one of those times.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:10 AM
Luv2DriveTT Luv2DriveTT is offline
Junior Member

Location: USA

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not one to do the whole "get the table on tilt because it'll make them play worse" schtick because when I play live I generally just try to have a good time and keep things friendly, but I also occasionally enjoy things when they get adversarial, whether I'm involved or not. This was one of those times.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully agree. There is a time and a place for everything in life... sounds like you found the right moment where it gave you (and the rest of the table) a slight edge.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 06-29-2005, 01:18 AM
llcoolez llcoolez is offline
Junior Member

Location: NYC

I played with you a couple of times. I remember you were on a list for a 4-8 game one night and they opened a new table, but some dude who didn't get called sat down instead and screwed you out of a seat so they had to put you back on the list, right?

I was the guy wearing the Nike One hat, usually playing 3-6 and 4-8.
Old 06-29-2005, 01:59 AM
lastsamurai lastsamurai is offline
Senior Member

Location: la la land

If you think these guys are playing partners you could always call the floor and ask to see the hand. if they pass chips to each other that is a valid sign... There are teams of cheaters out there in the poker world..online and card rooms.. just make sure if you catch them you call the floorman.

this is a letter i wrote to pokerstars in a SNG [ QUOTE ]

pokerstars cheater part II

Old 06-29-2005, 02:10 AM
chiachu chiachu is offline
Junior Member

[ QUOTE ]
I played with you a couple of times. I remember you were on a list for a 4-8 game one night and they opened a new table, but some dude who didn't get called sat down instead and screwed you out of a seat so they had to put you back on the list, right?

I was the guy wearing the Nike One hat, usually playing 3-6 and 4-8.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha yea that was me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

i dont recall a nike one hat... but then again im terrible with recalling what people were wearing and such [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

anything else i might remember? did we ever talk? or any notable hands we were involved in?
Old 06-29-2005, 05:39 AM
CrashPat CrashPat is offline
Senior Member

I'm not replying to the correct post, but that is one of the things I hate about UBB threads.

Anyway, in South Dakota apparently the law says that players do not have the right to see the losing hand.

This was brought up on Sunday night when the dealer showed a hand on the river that was mucked. The player was required to show first but mucked, another player asked to see the hand before he would show, after the hand the semantics were discussed and it reminds me to ask about it tomorrow if I go play... I am interested in the ruling at a well managed cardroom that has a floor on duty all the time, and in the ruling where the extra dealer rules when needed. Yay for 5 table or less rooms. If I remember I will ask around at the other place I play too. But as if what I was told is correct there is no collusion rule in effect here.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:20 AM
IgorSmiles IgorSmiles is offline
Junior Member

The first time, let it go. The second time, what you do is toss your cards one at a time into different sections of the muck. The dealer will have a hard time fishing them out that way.
Old 06-29-2005, 09:33 AM
pdxjayhawk pdxjayhawk is offline
Member

I was sitting at a 4/8 table for about 5 hours Saturday afternoon at MGM, and yeah, some guys were starting to ask to see cards.

I noticed it happened for the first time when we had a gal sit down, and someone wanted to see her cards. It kind of pissed me off. She seemed like a pretty good player, too.

Meep, I think I played with you for awhile on Friday. I was the guy with the old school Riviera chip on top of my cards.