Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: 10/25 live game...deep stacked

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When super laggros raise PF and then check a flop like that, i no like.

[/ QUOTE ]
good point. when a guy who's been "mowing over the table" suddenly checks after raising pf, something's rotten in the state of denmark. it's why raising him on the turn is a bad idea too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree thats why raising the turn is bad, it sets you up to a reraise / allows him to play nearly perfect (unless he'd check call like KQ or AQ on the flop) and possibly blow you out of a river.

but just because he checked, doesnt mean he has trips at all... which is why i *do* think betting the flop is the right move. what do you have to lose? you dont pick up the flush redraw till the turn, so if he weirdly c/r its his pot.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:01 PM

Laggros like doing stuff like checkraising this flop w TT - this guy didn't, but a lot of them do. Anyway, a lot of cards can come on the turn that improve us significantly and that, combined w laggros flop check, lead me to think that seeing this turn cheap is a good thing.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Laggros like doing stuff like checkraising this flop w TT - this guy didn't, but a lot of them do. Anyway, a lot of cards can come on the turn that improve us significantly and that, combined w laggros flop check, lead me to think that seeing this turn cheap is a good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

alright, fair enough.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:09 PM

That's just how i feel about it - you made some good, legit points in your post.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:07 PM

I think that we can agree that checking and betting this flop both have their strong points. My point of concern is the turn and river from here on out. Do I call $600 knowing I may have to call a big bet on the river... what if I spike a club or house?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:59 PM

i knew you wouldnt post any of them hands we played.

pussy. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2005, 10:50 AM

Hand 1..I like betting the flop, is it inconcievable we don't have the best hand right now? Plus..we have position. So if he calls its not too bad, we can play poker after that. Once he calls and leads on the turn, I put him exactly on Ace-Ace. Sounds weird, but you see these weird old crafty guys who play aces just like this. It makes sense, hes slow playing on the flop and leading the turn to see if you have a 7 and also charging you for the draw we now have. Call the turn anyway and see if you can river him. But if he slows down on the river after a brick..i'd just check behind because i doubt he is folding.
Hand 2, yes, call with the pair because implied odds are so huge in these type of pots where the straddle gets overbet, hes either on a steal and won't give it up or he does have a big hand and will not be giving up an already huge pot.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i knew you wouldnt post any of them hands we played.

pussy. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with you posting them? You think I didn't post them because I was outplayed and lost...the two hands I posted I lost anyways. P.S. I'm taking Scout.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
implied odds are so huge in these type of pots where the straddle gets overbet

[/ QUOTE ]

I find most of the time this is just junk taking it down preflop. People might gun out again on the flop, but normally they give up on the turn. I'm very unsure as to why you think that people don't give up after big raising the straddle.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: 10/25 live game...deep stacked - my hand against vil from Hand 1

I played in this game as well (ObnxNole and FSUPlayer, I'm Travis from G-ville). Couldn't remember my old twoplustwo name unfortunately, been awhile since I've been on here, so I'm starting over [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img].

Here's a Hand I played horribly against the villain from hand 1. Criticism's and comments welcome. I wanted to post it here because maybe it would help the analysis of ObnxNole's hand.

Hand:

Villain and my stack are around 4000.

Villain limps in middle position, friend of mine who is very ABC limps to my right, I raise to 125 with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the cutoff. Big blind calls, villain calls, my friend folds.

Flop: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Big Blind Checks Villain checks. Hero bets 275 into 410. Big Blind folds, villain calls.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain fires 800. At this point from what I've seen from him, I think he's picked up a lower diamond draw, or check called with one pair on the flop and has spiked his second pair. He'll most likely come back over the top of any raise, or call an all-in with just about anything here. I just call.

River: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks. I check behind (again horrible, I know should probably value bet here. Villain doesn't check the river with something I'm not beating). Results in white below.

<font color="white">Villain shows Q4 of diamonds, hero takes it down. </font>