Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: My car got keyed how should I respond, if at all?

The best revenge is living well.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My question is how to respond?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wake up earlier?

Firstly, ignore all the fake macho crap that people respond with like "you took 2 spots, you should be shot" or "i would slash your tires" and all that garbage. Those are the people who wouldn't do jack to your car.

You were both at fault. You knew you were taking up 2 spots, and completely ignored the guy, which he obviously took as a major slap in the face. You could have at least yelled back, "Sorry dude....I didn't mean to park that way, I just have to make this train."

But obviously the punishment didn't fit the crime either. The guy (or whoever did it) is a douche himself for keying your car because he didn't like your parking job.

My brother had a similar situation a few years ago...I think 2 cars in a garage were angling for the spot, he took it, the others didn't appreciate it, they had some words as my bro left. He came back to a smashed side-view mirror and broken antenna. Tough break, not much you can do, gotta move on.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Vincent: What's more chickenshit than fucking with a man's automobile? I mean, don't fuck with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-10-2005, 03:34 PM

He wasn't double-parked. He took up two spaces; there is a difference. Double-parked is much worse.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:37 PM

Wow, tough crowd.

Bottom line is that you just need to deal with it. This part of the country is full of assholes. Even if you tried to exact "revenge" against the guy, there's really no guarantee that you'd be going after the right guy.

Last friday I parked our brand new car on the street in NYC. Saturday morning I was unhappy to see that somebody had clipped the rear bumper and caused $1100 in damage--and my car has 2100 miles on it. I carry a $1000 deductible. C'est la vie.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You're a [censored].

I'd have slashed your throat as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-10-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, tough crowd.

Bottom line is that you just need to deal with it. This part of the country is full of assholes. Even if you tried to exact "revenge" against the guy, there's really no guarantee that you'd be going after the right guy.

Last friday I parked our brand new car on the street in NYC. Saturday morning I was unhappy to see that somebody had clipped the rear bumper and caused $1100 in damage--and my car has 2100 miles on it. I carry a $1000 deductible. C'est la vie.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll get used to it after the next ten times it happens. NYC is not a great place for new cars.

DN
Old 11-10-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My question is how to respond? Do I let this slide? Or what do I do in response. Its not the scratch as much as the principal of the sitaution that irratates me. How do I play this?

[/ QUOTE ]

SIMPLE. Park in EXACTLY the same position tommorrow morning and when the original perpetrator obviously returns to key your car for a second time you can jump out from behind a bush and get'em in which ever way you plan to get'em. This is your only logical and reasonable course of action. Simply realizing you were an [censored]/ass for parking your car in an unreasonable position and accepting that someone keyed your car in not an option. You should never forgot about something this insignifigant. You are much more macho than that. You have something to prove to the people of OOT.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Keying somebody's care is not a proper response to this however.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure it is.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am drug-free, so I have absolutely no idea what this means. But I enjoyed the Macho Man reference nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Family Guy quote :/