Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 05:28 PM

Default AQs out in the SB - how\'s the line

How's this line - i considered 3 betting preflop but i didn't think that it would knock anyone out and didn't want to do it out of the SB. Also, i wanted to try and disguise my hand.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Button calls.

River: (12.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

my intention was to checkraise the pf raiser on the flop but someone led into him. Since the pf raiser didn't raise the flop i decided that he didn't have AA or KK. Maybe AK or a smaller pr. Onthe flop since i was closing the action and can't protect my hand i decided to just call and check raise the turn.
Turn is kinda a bad card but it was checked to the pf raiser who hesitated for like 2 seconds before betting. So i decided that he probably didn't have me beat and raised. River is an auto bet i'm assuming. How'd i do?
Old 10-25-2005, 05:37 PM

Default Re: AQs out in the SB - how\'s the line

I would have raised when UTG led out. I think you were correct to go for the c/r but now you need to raise for value here.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:38 PM

Preflop is OK with your crappy position. I can go either way there.

Going for a check-raise on this drawish flop is OK too -- if you can face the field with two cold that will F up the gutshots and charge the maximum to the OESDs and flush draws.

But when you miss check-raising the button, I think you should just go ahead and check-raise UTG. You probably have the best hand and you've got 'em all trapped. You can't protect your hand anymore (oh well), so just go for value.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:41 PM

I thought i would get more value by raising the turn.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:52 PM

3-bet this pre-flop, you have a lot of equity. Likely anyone calling both raises is making a mistake, but you wouldn't mind it getting HU either, even OOP.

I'd bet the flop. You've got a good hand, and I don't think you're losing any of the draws that scare you a ton; if you get callers and button raises, you can 3-bet at that point anyway.

On the turn, I'd check/call rather than a check/raise. I'd donk it, but I really don't want someone to raise me.

River is a bet.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:53 PM

It's a tossup. This is a pretty scary board from a draw standpoint, so waiting to raise the turn here isn't horrible. Question is, if UTG leads out on this turn when the K hits are you check-raising? I think you were very fortunate with the way this hand played out.

You need to be raising a blank on this turn. The K doesn't do it for me. Luckily the tables betting ended up being a bit irrational and you got to send 2-cold to the rest of the table with your raise.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:08 PM

Pre-flop, I'd raise to see if I could thin the field a bit. Put two more bets on UTG and UTG+1. Fish will call, but you're hand is better against just 2 and still better against just 1 other player.

Flop, fine to check in first position if you're gonna check raise as you said. I'd probably still raise.

Turn, I like the check raise. I'm thinking UTG and UTG+1 are on a draw and the button has a King, you're behind but you have maybe 7 outs, discounting the Ac and Tc. Make UTG and UTG+1 pay for their draw.

River, bet out, Button was smart enough to know he's beaten, UTG+1 just paid you off.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn is kinda a bad card but it was checked to the pf raiser who hesitated for like 2 seconds before betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your turn raise worked out fine but I don't buy your read here. Lots of time this kind of hesitation was fake just to induce action. However, as the last one to act lots of people bet out with so-so hands. Anyways I will raise the flop and call the turn bet.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:43 PM

After the K falls, I would try to pay less on the turn. Now the point of not giving a free card is of less importance here, I think.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:02 PM

*grunch*

There's not too much I like about this hand.

Preflop. I think this is a raise.
Flop. You are likely to have the best hand here and there is only 1 OC to your hand and anyone who makes a GS you have a redraw to half or beat them.
I bet out.
Since you checked, and you rightly couldn't protect your hand, when the button just calls, I think this is a raise.
Turn.
Now the worst card to possibly fall from the deck falls and you check\raise. There's a good chance you could get 3bet here. I just call. We have outs to improve.
River.
Nice card. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I think you had to improve to win this.