Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Re: *Official* Party Super Tuesday

break 2 @ 4551
Old 06-07-2005, 11:11 PM

jumped to 4k first hand back w/ aj vs at
Old 06-07-2005, 11:12 PM

table 17

T3865
Old 06-07-2005, 11:13 PM

Default 2nd break

8500. Nice second hour for me. Had a nice double up with a CCPF of JJ. Flop comes JT4. Smooth call a bet. Turn is a T. He goes all in. I consider folding as I KNOW he has TT! But I'm a fish, so I call. He had AA.

Made a really nice bluff with AKo. Suited board of 246, raiser PF, one CCer and me CCing in the SB. 700 pot, PFRer goes to 475. CCPFer calls. I ponder the move, and decide to go for it with my 7 outs (king of correct suit), and I push. PFRer tanks and then folds. CCPFer calls with 33?!?!?!? a rivered ace saves me.

I raise 47s MP, get pushed by short-stacked BB. 900 to me, 2K in the pot. I call and lose. BTW 47s is a favorite hand of my non-BT friends, I play it sometimes for luck.

Some of these players think I am a real donk. I am glad that Ian brought up Vegas.

CSC
Old 06-07-2005, 11:17 PM

In your bustout hand I really dont get your tiny reraise there.

In your AQ hand there was an UTG limp a 1k all in and a call. I mean best case scenario here you are in a coinflip situation... You dont have much folding equity (you actually have none). Both pretty ugly hands imo... People really develop bad habbits playing on party and playing down to their competition.

-Jason
Old 06-07-2005, 11:22 PM

Thanks for your input...

On the AQ hand, I understand it could be questionable. However, they were both half average atleast stacks, and thet could have any pocket pair, or any ace. I thought one of them had a pocket pair, and the other had a pair or something like AJ, AT, KQ. I've seen people make these moves so many times with less than premium hands, and I thought it was a good spot to fire, since I am only dominated by AK, AA, and KK, which I didn't see them having.

On the AA hand, it was probably poorly played. However, I didn't have many chips to work with and if he flops top pair he is paying me off. Obviously, getting 1/3 of my stack in as a 88% favorite shouldn't be something I lose sleep over. Looking back on it, an all in would probably be a better move. Since I just lost a large amount of chips, I was kind of tilting and trying to make those chips back up.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: 2nd break

Make sure you post a tourney report no matter what the result CSC. Grats on stack.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:34 PM

Im just so worried about that cold call... You really see that often with KQ? and AT?
-Jason
Old 06-07-2005, 11:37 PM

I thought he was taking notice of the short stack play which looks like despeartion, and yes, he oculd make this play with AJ, KQ, or any pocket pair. If they both have pocket pairs, I am in a great spot to win a nice pot. If I can eliminate AA, KK, and AK, this is a great play. I just don't see how anyone can auto-put this other short stack on AK. Seems like you are being results-oriented to me.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:39 PM

By the way, I don't like the fact you say I am stooping down to a lower level. Again, you are being extremely results-oriented. No need for an unneeded cheap-shot.