Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 01:29 PM

Default I know this line from somewhere

Party 10/20 6 max (6 handed)

UTG is loose passive 40/1, been open limping a lot and I've been Isolating him with a good bit of success.
BB is new to the table with 30/20 stats and more than likely a 2p2er.

Hero is in the CO with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG limps, MP fold, Hero Raises, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

The flop is A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, UTG checks, I bet, button folds, BB calls, UTG calls

The turn is T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks, UTG checks, I bet, BB calls, UTG calls

The river is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets immediately after the river card lands, UTG folds, I count 10 BB's in the pot and raise...?
Old 07-28-2005, 01:33 PM

Default Re: I know this line from somewhere

Unless he is known to do this on a bluff I think I'm just calling down. He can even have you outkicked on an Ace was waiting until the river to bet it for some strange reason. I think you'll run into two pair here frequently. FWIW though I only play 3-6
Old 07-28-2005, 01:36 PM

Which hands worse then toppair, no kicker will he bet in this spot and not fold if you raise?
Old 07-28-2005, 01:40 PM

This line is often used HU, where the river bettor has a busted draw or a bad pair. It's a typical bet/fold line hoping to fold better no pair hands etc.

But 3-handed? I don't think I raise this here.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Which hands worse then toppair, no kicker will he bet in this spot and not fold if you raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean what hands do I think he will he bet/fold here? I think after calling the turn you can put a seemingly aggressive TAG on a pretty narrow range of hands, no?
Old 07-28-2005, 01:48 PM

yea seriously. only a complete fish will call you with anything less than an ace. you're risking 1 BB for nothing, unless you have some amazing read that he's capable of folding top pair good kicker on the river to this raise.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea seriously. only a complete fish will call you with anything less than an ace. you're risking 1 BB for nothing, unless you have some amazing read that he's capable of folding top pair good kicker on the river to this raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's hoping to fold A8 or A9 and not split the pot. It looks like a call-call-bet with top pair no kicker. If he gets called, he's good some percentage of the time and he can obviously fold to a three-bet.

EDIT - trying to fold the two aces which beat him that would potentially fold, or fold an ace who's kicker doesn't play, like his, and would split.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:57 PM

I'm assuming his donk bet here means an A of some sort. If that's the read, then I really like this play. Your kicker is already out of play and theres a decent chance his is too if he's just calling from the BB. As a result, you could get a low kick A to fold and give you the whole pot instead of a chop. With a pot this big, he's probably not folding an A but with the likely chance you're chopping, I think the folding equity is decent enough to try it.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming his donk bet here means an A of some sort

[/ QUOTE ]

This was basically my line of thinking, after only calling the turn I put the BB on either a small flush draw with which he did not want to get aggressive with or A weak kicker. When he auto betted the river I felt strongly that it was A with a weak kicker. And I think with this board and the preceding action it would be a mistake to bet and call a raise on the river with a weak Ace.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:11 PM

eh i think he never folds here and will 3bet way more often than he will fold. What if he 3bets a chopping ace and you fold? Thats a pretty big mistake. Calling the 3bet is probably a mistake as well. I think calling this river bet is the only option. By raising you are usually putting in 2 BB on the river when you are beat probably at least 50% of the time.