Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Forgiveness

I am pretty infamous now. Most of you all never knew about me until the recent controversey. I am here to explain a little bit about me, and why you should forgive me.

I have 2k+ posts, and most of them have came from the MTT forum. I help a lot of people out there, and I have been very succesful with MTTs, so you could say I know a bit about them. I think that it's not right that everyone is now judging me from a mistake I made, since I have made 2k+ good posts that have really helped people out. I am sure if you have neve rbeen in the MTT forum before, you probably don't know me. I also recently became mod there, since I make all the *Official* threads and clean up the forum pretty nicely.

This fine Thursday night, I was informed by a friend about the 2+2 mIRC chat. I thought it was a great idea : a place for 2+2ers to chat about poker in real time. I went in there and found it wasn't much like that. I was instead just chatting with a couple people I knew. Then, all the sudden, me and my friend get banned. I found out this was because a stupid reason, something about new names. I founded out the op that banned me was SpicyF, so I PMed him, hoping he would unban me. Instead, he replied back and defended his position on this. I did not know that banning people in this mIRC chat was a regular thing, so I took it pretty personnaly. I thought this was very unlike twoplustwo, even though I later found out this had nothing to do with twoplustwo publishing. That is very misleading. In his PM, he said he would be fine with me banning him. If this was poker, he would be calling my bluff. I was overwhelmed with emotions, and banned him. Of course, looking back at this, this was definalety the wrong thing to do. The next day I come on, my mod is gone, and many people are fed up with me, mostly only the people that never knew me.

I am writing this thread to apologize. Sure, we all make mistakes. I did not know how the IRC worked, and I took it personally. What I did was very much abusing my powers, and I regret that very, very much. I would take it all back if I could. I am hoping you won't judge me soley on one bad decision I made, and give me another chance.

JJ
Old 07-09-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Forgiveness

No, you're dead to me.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:29 AM

change your avatar is all you have to do now that you apologized.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:30 AM

I never either gave or didn't give you a chance, because I'd never even heard of you. I pretty much still haven't. But I forgive you. Everyone makes mistakes.

I have no idea what's with all the new moderators, anyway.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was overwhelmed with emotions

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the problem. It's an internet forum. I don't think that people here truly dislike you, they saw an opportunity to make a few jokes at your expense, which seems to be what OOT is truly all about. It's an internet forum sitcom, and you were the main plotline this time.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I never either gave or didn't give you a chance, because I'd never even heard of you. I pretty much still haven't. But I forgive you. Everyone makes mistakes.

I have no idea what's with all the new moderators, anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. This is a serious thread, and I hope the replies are according.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:34 AM

I can vouch for TTIU on the MTT forums. I am a relative forum noob, but I appreciate his participation. Everyone makes mistakes, but not everyone is willing to admit them.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It's an internet forum

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah no kidding, everyone takes this [censored] waaaay to seriously.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:35 AM

(Sent to [censored])

Thanks for the support. After the year or so I have spent at 2+2, I was about 60% sure I was going to quit today until a friend convinced me otherwise. I didn't realize how many people didn't know me from the MTT forum, and resulted that they hated me from one misaction I did. Thanks again.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was overwhelmed with emotions

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the problem. It's an internet forum. I don't think that people here truly dislike you, they saw an opportunity to make a few jokes at your expense, which seems to be what OOT is truly all about. It's an internet forum sitcom, and you were the main plotline this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. Every post in OOT is basically everyone's chance to audition their new comedy routine before taking it on the road. If 50% of the responses are even so much as on topic, that's not bad. For them to be anything more than that is just gravy.