Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2005, 03:01 PM

Default Girlfriend Trouble?

So here's the story:

I've been with my girlfriend for a little over 3 months now.
A month into our relationship, a friend of hers told her that said friend was going to go backpack Europe for 3.5 months next March. She has always wanted to backpack Europe, so she told her friend that she would seriously think about it.

Her friend is a guy.

He's not gay.

They had a long past with eachother. They were both really close friends for a long time, then he did the "I actually really like you and want to be WITH you." She, I guess, got mad and broke off the friendship for a year. They are, obviously, talking again. And now she's seriously considering going to Europe with him.... alone.

She can't talk about it with me, because I get angry about the whole deal and fight with her about it.

She has to make her decision very soon, as class registration is the next week for next semester classes.

She "SWEARS" he doesn't have feelings like that for her anymore, and that she'd never cheat on me if she went, etc. etc. etc...

How would you guys feel about this?
Old 11-19-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: Girlfriend Trouble?

bang bitches while she's away
Old 11-19-2005, 03:04 PM

Yep...depending on the girl...there are a lot of variables to play with here....but find another girl...its not like you are looking at years but only months.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bang bitches while she's away

[/ QUOTE ]

Very good point. You should be out banging bitches anyway. You have the rest of your life to be monogamous. Enjoy as many sexual partners as you can while you're able to do that without being unethical.

There is absolutely no justification in getting stressed out/bent out of shape over this. She's not your wife, nor is she even a long term girlfriend, so you don't have much invested in the pot at this point.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:44 PM

This is quite a dilemma!
Old 11-20-2005, 03:01 AM

Im drunk so bear with me

You all have very sound judgementt and alike judgements.

I told her today thtat she can either choose me or choose this [censored] clown COLLIN and go to europe with him. i told her that doing this is not only disregarding my feelings and wants, but it's just a downright [censored] up thing to do.

if I were in her shoes, I would have no desire to leave. now it's on her, she can either choose me, or choose the [censored] highway
Old 11-20-2005, 03:10 AM

His name's Collin?

That's not a common American name, is it?

If he's British, I'd relax. American girls are very, very safe with British guys, we are far too polite and repressed to act [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Obviously [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

he's americand

also, my middle name is collin, weird huh?

[ QUOTE ]
Im drunk so bear with me

You all have very sound judgementt and alike judgements.

I told her today thtat she can either choose me or choose this [censored] clown COLLIN and go to europe with him. i told her that doing this is not only disregarding my feelings and wants, but it's just a downright [censored] up thing to do.

if I were in her shoes, I would have no desire to leave. now it's on her, she can either choose me, or choose the [censored] highway

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice, almost as good as leaving her outright. You do realize even if she doesnt go with him your relationship is still doomed? Any chick that is going to put this situation on you will resent you for not letting her do it, just dump her.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Bad Play..........

Bad play.
You should not reward her by offering to take her to Europe. It is like offering a counter bribe. From what you told me, your relationship with this girl is on the rocks and a European vacation together is silly. A pre-emptive breakup was the proper play. Her reaction or lack of reaction would tell you where you stood. Now you have no idea.

Your play has given her the ball. What are you going to do? Sit by the phone and wait for her to call? IF she calls and IF she 'chooses you' you still may lose. Sorry dude but you're in over your head. Your ego is about to get mangled and you only have yourself to blame..... You have surrendered all your power to her. I would not be surprise if she doesn't call you at all. Just don't make this mistake with the next woman you date.