Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2005, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Party\'s new Beta Software---- great features

i 6-8 tabled maybe 10-15 sets (dont really remember), and it didnt screw up. although i lost my connection once and my backup was out as well so i lost like 6 buyins =(

i think its grrrrrrreat.
Old 12-13-2005, 08:27 PM

Default A simple utility to auto-resize windows...

I wrote this litle utility for myself, so that the new beta will <font color="red">remember</font> our customized table sizes.

By using this utility, a fixed custon table dimension (eg: 512x387) can be set and thereafter ALL tables will then always auto-resize to these dimensions automatically.

Still maybee buggy and currently it cant save the custom dimensions to disk, so they have to be setup each time the app is reloaded, but maybee it will be of help to some one here... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: A simple utility to auto-resize windows...

Main thread running here.

Old 12-14-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Is there a way to save the table settings? meaning, once you get the perfect size for your monitor/liking, is there way to make party open all new tables in that same size? while playing around with this, i couldnt figure it out, but that isnt saying much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had same problems, so I wrote this util yesterday... seems to be working...

Old 12-14-2005, 02:15 PM

I am REALLY REALLY glad I saw this thread. I was just about ready to sell my relatively new Vaio to get one with 1600x1200 screen in order to 8 table with my 21" monitor attached.

If this works out I will save myself the $1300 I would have add to plop down (after selling off my "old" laptop).

STOKED!
Old 12-14-2005, 03:54 PM

Well, I just 9-tabled the $33s on my 21" monitor. My eyes hurt and my neck is aching a little.

I love it, but definitely needs to let me choose which monitor to tile the tables on, as I had to size them around myself and that was a major pain in the arse. If I could just get 9 tables onto the second monitor and then hit the tile button, that would be fantastic.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:47 PM

Hi,

Sry dont have a two monitor setup, but can I ask what happens if you try to tile with dual monitors (does it try to tile over both monitors? [from what u describe it tries to tile both displays seperately?]).

I only ask because it may be very easy to force the windows onto a ceratin display (prolly no harder than what I allready wrote to auto-resize windiows - I will look into it as soon as I get time).

Old 12-17-2005, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

Sry dont have a two monitor setup, but can I ask what happens if you try to tile with dual monitors (does it try to tile over both monitors? [from what u describe it tries to tile both displays seperately?]).

I only ask because it may be very easy to force the windows onto a ceratin display (prolly no harder than what I allready wrote to auto-resize windiows - I will look into it as soon as I get time).

[/ QUOTE ]

From what I can tell you cannot tile with dual monitors. All the windows tile onto the primary monitor. So what I have been doing is firing up four, tiling, then firing up four more and moving those manually to my second monitor.

If I could direct where the windows get tiled, my life would be way easier and I would be a very grateful person.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:02 PM

Hi again,

If you only have 4 tables on each display, then the util called 'Multi-Table-Helper' will do what you want. It can tile 4 windows in each display fully automatically (I am currently using this along with the auto-resize tool I wrote, and as soon as I open a new table, it gets first resized, then moved using MTH to a free tiling location).

I know MTH has just become payware (see here), but possibly the demo is time limited and will let u try this out first.

Hope this helps - Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 03:35 PM

I have MTH but just noticed that option. I'll have to try it out. Does it work with resized beta tables, do you know? In other words, I want the fully sized tables on my second monitor (1600x1200) but resized on my laptop.