Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: Paradise Poker --worst site ever.

all I know is I get angry inside more when a hand isn't raked then when I get beat.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:05 PM

Paradise was the first site I tried 5 years ago and at that time it was "the" place to play - strictly Limit games and everyone played ABC poker. Over the years I've moved on to lots of other sites but Paradise always has been a favorite.

Just for kicks I deposited $400 there this morning to stack the bonus and played a little at the $2/$4 tables. The place hasn't changed a lot - it was a nice site then and it's a nice site now.

Oh yeah, and those of you implying "strange" doings are all idiots.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:09 PM

I do not have a sufficient sample size, but I got quads 3 times in 3000 hands which is 4 times the EV. I should only have got them .75 times.

I got quad tens with TT on the turn, quad threes with runner runner 3's, and quad jacks with KJ.

I also saw alot of other people getting alot of quads although that is ancedotal evidence. Also, we are not even counting the hands where I might have got quads that were not played to the river, or I did not see the flop.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In my case, I attribute it to the fact that they have had the least frequent bonuses, so I've played the fewest hours there this year (right around 50, 2-tabling mostly) so the fact that I'm down about $200 for the year isn't cause for alarm.

I'll grant that it's annoying, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, neither of us think its rigged or anything, just odd that its nigh unbeatable. I agree with your reasoning, its my least played site as well due to the infrequent reloads.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I do not have a sufficient sample size, but I got quads 3 times in 3000 hands which is 4 times the EV. I should only have got them .75 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what makes you think that in the next 40k hands you will get quads even once?
Old 10-31-2005, 07:45 PM

I do not have a sufficient sample size

this first sentence marks the point that your post becomes worthless, anecdotal evidence.

i have gotten quads a tad LESS than expected in over 310,000+ hands.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:46 PM

The players are terrible there, and varience and bad beats goes up. Saying it is rigged is idiotic.

I played out my bonus there this weekend and beat up on the poor players and made off like a bandit.

There software sure does suck, and it keeps the better players away....hence the large number of bad players. If you can't win at Paradise either you aren't very good or were running badly.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I got quad tens with TT on the turn, quad threes with runner runner 3's, and quad jacks with KJ.

I also saw alot of other people getting alot of quads although that is ancedotal evidence. Also, we are not even counting the hands where I might have got quads that were not played to the river, or I did not see the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you acknowledge that this is anecdotal, why bring it up?

It seriously boggles my mind that people can think this way!
Old 10-31-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Re: Paradise Poker --BESTsite ever.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's the worst site in terms of going on really hot or cold streaks

[/ QUOTE ]

this statement suggests that you think it is not totally random. if it is not totally random, then it is rigged. you have been around WAY too long to think this of Paradise, i would imagine.

fwiw, i have killed the site since day one, but can't get ahead at stars. however, i will defend stars deal (and have many times).

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell.. You defend Stars deal? Are those heart meds affecting your brain by any chance?
Old 10-31-2005, 09:29 PM

It shocks me that someone with your experience in online poker would even question if a site is really rigged or not.

The games are good, you aren't running well, that's variance.