Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 06:45 AM

Default Re: Hey Lancasteraus (sorry surfbullett).........

[ QUOTE ]
Having chat on is -EV IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not true. I've had several players where this has been a HUGE tell (confirmed not just by me). They would start chatting whenever they had a hand and never would if they didn't. Most of the time several of these guys would even tell you exactly what they had. WHen they didn't chat and raised, it was a bluff every single time and I value raised till the sun came up.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Having chat on is -EV IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is not true. I've had several players where this has been a HUGE tell (confirmed not just by me). They would start chatting whenever they had a hand and never would if they didn't. Most of the time several of these guys would even tell you exactly what they had. WHen they didn't chat and raised, it was a bluff every single time and I value raised till the sun came up.

[/ QUOTE ]

That never happened to me during the 100K hands I always had chat on, but what did happen is that I timed out at least dozens of times over that stretch because I was arguing with some jurk or following someone else’s argument. I'm sure I scarred a few fish by making some comment about them. Plus if you're playing four tables and watching the chat you'll be missing things that really matter like the guy that just called the river with 8-high.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
......berating fish is one thing. Using terms like TAG and VPIP is another. STFU at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont ever abuse the fish
Old 12-13-2005, 11:34 AM

Lancasteraus is just bitter about being in the middle of a downswing and/or sucking. He's dropped a big chunk of change in the hands that I have datamined on him.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:58 PM

OK guys, you've made your point. If he hasn't gotten the message he isn't listening.

I'm going to end this thread now.
Closed Thread