Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2003, 08:01 AM

Default come on wb!!!!

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] hey wild bill...just one pick/writeup....suffer us peons a little...pretty plezzze...with sugar and molasses..lol..gl [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2003, 11:12 PM

Default Re: come on wb!!!!

Scalfie,

Would love to oblige you, but I am not playing the tournament. I know, seems crazy, but I didn't even enter a pool. I am nothing more than a fan right now and rooting on Arizona for personal interests. I know for the addicts here the concept of having absolutely nothing on the line for an event is almost heresy, but I am actually doing it [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Want me to write up an Arena Football game? [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2003, 03:52 AM

Default Yes Arena Football..

While you guys are off busy trying to figure out the hoops I am going to take on the soft competition in the AFL!

I like two sides in Friday's games
Arizona +4 over Tampa
Storm are called the hottest team in the league, but are the inferior team here. Rattlers have got on track and lost a tough one at the league champs last week by 1. I think they bring the Storm back down. Price is a little lower than expected, but if this one was played a few weeks back it would be about even. Take the very live road dog to get a key win, by season end I think they might be the best team.

Carolina +22 over San Jose
Winless team, but improving. They have covered 3 straight as people have jumped on the wagon while they were down. I sensed turnaround after first cover and I am going to ride it until the lose one ATS. Little chance of winning, obviously, at the league champs, but the Cats haven't been so great of late, getting wins but not covers. I think this is a great spot for the dog, the favorite might take it easy coming off a tough win last week and the dog is fighting hard and keeping games close.

Key to betting AFL is to remember teams talent level is constantly changing. People don't know the players or the game so they just overbet based on very recent results and push a lot of value to those that follow the game. Teams have a couple of reincarnations each year and that is what I am essentially betting on here.
Old 03-28-2003, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Yes Arena Football..thanks...

[img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] hey, i like your reasoning...maybe marriage has taken the piss and vinegar outta ya...i am real degenerate..lol

best thing in life is cashing a bet..next best thing,,making wager and losing...the degenerates theme song..lol..gl [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2003, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Yes Arena Football..wb..line-mover..

[img]/forums/images/icons/blush.gif[/img] man..az down to -2.5..lol..even arena to go thru 3 level...ya must know your stuff..laid off this...well bet under..wtf 102.5 gotta have action...lol

also bet car +21.5...hope .5 don't screw me...fgl...gr8 to hear from ya wb...gl [img]/forums/images/icons/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-28-2003, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Yes Arena Football..wb..line-mover..

Haha, I just will start posting anything to see your reaction and bets Scalf, they are entertainment in themselves! Gotta have action eh? Cranking up the ticker? hehe

I used to move the line, believe it or not. Back in 94 Vegas had a team for the first time and because of it a handful of books starting posting numbers, especially MGM because their arena was where they played. I was absolutely destroying it back then, I would go into MGM or the Imperial Palace and bet the limit, just $300 and they would move that line like crazy. One time I remember betting Orlando (yes the Predators have played there all these years) for $300 and hearing the clerk say "approval". I almost fell down laughing and said "people sneeze and drop 3 bills here, you need approval on this?" The manager comes over and says ok and I get my ticket. I looked up at the board and the number got moved, I was laying 5.5 and the number suddenly was 7. I was stunned, my first and really only season where I felt like a wise guy or something. As luck would have it, it was good that I did get into the sport that year because the baseball strike ended that season early. I finished the year 37-7, my most amazing achievement considering I ended the year still only knowing about 5 of the players in the whole league! I moved away from Vegas after that season and never was as serious about Arenaball after that, but have bet it every year and this year I put a little more emphasis on it since I completely blew off college hoops.

One thing I can tell you Scalf is that there are no key numbers to pay attention to in this sport, 3 point and 7 point games are as common as 5 point and 9 point games.
Old 03-29-2003, 03:25 AM

Default Sad ending...

Cobras fold down the stretch and beat Scalfie by that hook that he worries about [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Imagine if someone said I will give you 21.5 points and a team that leads 20-7 after one quarter, would you like it? Oh well, not much you can do there...