View Poll Results: folded to you in the CO with KTo
call 0 0%
raise 93 95.88%
fold 4 4.12%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2005, 04:44 PM

Default Re: Should I go back to school?

[ QUOTE ]

Also, it seems most people agree that I should have a degree, but what I don't understand is why I should get it NOW as opposed to later if/when I need it. Someone said "finish school now, you'll have plenty of time to play poker later." Well the problem is that poker may not be here for me in 5 years (it could dry up), whereas school will be there forever. I am saving/investing alot of my money so that I can go back later if I need to.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have already made your decision, why are you asking for advice? At poker (and life) you get rewarded for making good decisions. You don't need us to hold your hand and tell you that you are making the right decision (according to the current results, that's not what the forum is telling you anyway).

I could tell you study finance or discrete math, it will help you in poker and life and would probably interest you for the same reason poker intrests you, but I hate spending time giving an oppinion on a decision that is already made.

If your mind is made up, and it sure sounds like it is, go with your decision and quit worrying about it. (Even if you later come to think it was a mistake, worrying about now it if it is a done deal will only hurt you. No one is going to spring anything major on you in this thread that you haven't already thought about.)