Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Thanks again for your support

Huzzah, Greg! I was one of those that shook your hand during one of your breaks on day 1. It was great to finally meet someone who has helped my game from afar.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:44 PM

Mr. Raymer,
So truly incredible what you've acheived over the past two years. So glad to see you perform at such a high level and shut up the critics. Wish you the very best and hope that you continue to be an inspiration to those of us who live through you.
Great Job,
Jeff Conner
Old 07-17-2005, 10:16 PM

When I saw your name as amongst the last few recognised players, even with a few hundred left, I must say I was really surprised. I was rooting for a Fossilman/Ivey heads up match, but I guess that was asking too much [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway, good luck and hope to see you on TV again soon.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:56 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

Greg, to finish 1st last year in a field that large, and to finish as well as you did in a tournament of 5600 players this year shows you are truly an amazing player and not some one-trick pony.

I hope one day to improve my game to the point that I have the opportunity of playing you in a big event. Best wishes.

AJ "The Triple Threat" Martino

p.s. Remember, Hold 'Em is just 7-card stud for dummies. Don't let stud or omaha games die!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:28 AM

Ok, now that you're a one hit wonder like Varconi and Moneymaker you can get off your high horse.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, now that you're a one hit wonder like Varconi and Moneymaker you can get off your high horse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope this is just a joke. If not, then you can SIIYP!
Old 07-18-2005, 11:56 AM

They say "Sports doesn't build character,as much as it reveals it". Greg certainly personifies that, in the way he handles both winning and losing. In a time when there are so few superstars with class and grace, Greg continually displays both. You can not control luck, but you can control how you react to it. BRAVO "Fossil Man" and best to you in the future. (Now please finish that book [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-18-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They say "Sports doesn't build character,as much as it reveals it". Greg certainly personifies that, in the way he handles both winning and losing. In a time when there are so few superstars with class and grace, Greg continually displays both. You can not control luck, but you can control how you react to it. BRAVO "Fossil Man" and best to you in the future. (Now please finish that book [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that include issuing death threats in public instead of remaining calm and calling security???
Old 07-18-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't four straight cashes (including two final tables, and one dominating win) in 2500+ entry WSOP tourneys make Greg a "Four Hit Wonder"?

Tek, if must be already pretty gloomy in that cave. How bummed are you going to be when Norman Chad (correctly) pronounces Raymer's run as one of the greatest feats in WSOP history? ESPN will be repeating those shows three times a day for the next four months!
Old 07-18-2005, 05:57 PM

It's funny how the first thing that went through my head was: "That guy asking about the daughter is a nut and I hope he doesn't end up attacking/whatever Greg's family." The second thing was: "That guy had a good question!" (recalling the thread you started last year about day care options for your daughter since she can't be around the tournament area).

~D