Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: The Difference Between Democrats and Republicans

[ QUOTE ]
Women aren't minorities

[/ QUOTE ]
You're saying there are an equal number (or remotely close) of men and women holding high political offices? Draw the line under whatever "level" of government that you want to designate as high, I don't think it'll matter.

This whole thread is really pointless. Speaking as one of them, any white male who has trouble seeing themself as a political majority clearly isn't looking hard enough.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. Why single out one particular group to discriminate against?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they are soliciting. They have no core belief.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous and you know it. Maybe you disagree with the Democratic Party...but to say it has no core belief is ignorant. Pure folly.
Old 08-24-2005, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is ridiculous and you know it. Maybe you disagree with the Democratic Party...but to say it has no core belief is ignorant. Pure folly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I challenge you to start a new thread and begin by stating your core belief -- in the affirmative. I (we) are not interested in what you're against.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of ALL the groups specifically encouraged to participate in the Democratic Party by-laws...how many of them have served as President OR Vice-President of the United States.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many have run?
Why would this surprise you, statistically?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, we're not talking about what would surprise me statistically...we're talking about whether there is a need to include white males on a list of largely marginalized groups that the Democratic Party encourages to participate in the political process. As evidence of the fact that white males seem to need no more encouragement, I cited the fact that EVERY President and Vice-President in this country's 229 year history has been a white male.

Second of all, PLENTY of women and minorities have RUN for President. Only one white woman (Geraldine Ferraro) has received the nomination of a major party, for VP, in a year they had zero shot of winning. But plenty of non-white-males have run for President. Carol Moseley Braun and Al Sharpton were two just from this past election cycle. Jesse Jackson has run twice. Those are just off the top of my head.

Anyway, whether it surprised me or not had nothing to do with my original post on the subject...it was merely a demonstration point for the lack of need for further encouragement for political participation in the oft-overlooked "white male community," and my point stands up quite well whether you agree with it or not.
Old 08-24-2005, 07:54 PM

no, I was simply stating that women are not minorties. The poster said that the Democratic party reaches out to minorities that are underrepresented in the party. Women are not a minority in America or the Democratic Party although they are underrepresented in leadership postitions
Old 08-24-2005, 08:06 PM

Thank You. Another error in the DNC by-laws is exposed. This is what happens when the DNC tries to exclude one group from the population.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank You. Another error in the DNC by-laws is exposed. This is what happens when the DNC tries to exclude one group from the population.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you send your letter to the DNC? RNC? You really can't think of anyone?
Old 08-24-2005, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The following is a letter I wrote, but haven't decided who to send it to.

What is the difference between the Democratic and Republican Parties in the United States of America?

Is there a difference between the two major political parties that determine our nation’s leaders? In searching for this answer I read the Charter & Bylaws of the DNC and the Rules that govern the RNC. The majority of these two documents were very similar. They outlined the party structure and how their organization meshes into the framework of our government. I found one primary difference which is described in the excerpts below.

From the DNC Charter & Bylaws:

Charter, Article 1, Section 4. …the formulation of policy, and the conduct of other Party affairs, without prejudice on the basis of sex, race, age (if voting age), color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, …

Bylaw, Article 8, Section 3: To encourage full participation by all Democrats, with particular concern for minority groups, Blacks, Native Americans, Asian/Pacifics, Hispanics, women and youth in the delegate selection process and in all Party affairs, …

From the Rules of the RNC

Rule14: Participation: (b) Participation in a Republican primary, caucus, or any meeting or convention held for the purpose of selecting delegates and alternate delegates to a county, district, state, or national convention shall in no way be abridged for reasons of sex, race, religion, color, age, or national origin.

While both parties claim to encourage participation without prejudice, the Democratic Party adds a bylaw that encourages full participation by everyone except the white male. This is clear discrimination in every sense of the word. I submit the following questions to the DNC leadership.

1. Why single out one particular group to discriminate against?
2. What positive outcome can this discrimination bring?
3. As a white male, why should I ever vote a democrat to elected office when I am specifically not encouraged to participate within the Democratic Party?

[/ QUOTE ]

If there are any white male democrats complaining, then thats one thing. I am a white male democrat and I don't feel like I've been discriminated against. In fact, the majority of democrats who participate at DNC functions are white males, so I don't think any more encouragement is necessary.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:29 PM

Aren't you aware of that old Democratic trick? It's a simple code. Not mentioning someone or something equals exclusion.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Aren't you aware of that old Democratic trick? It's a simple code. Not mentioning someone or something equals exclusion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy on the trade secrets, John. We'll be watching you.