Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2005, 10:50 AM

Default Any mistakes?

$100 NL Pacific Poker. 10 Players. $0.5-$1

BB gfb222 - $280
MP1 angles7 - $240 (made some loose plays, got lucky, hence stack)
Button Hero - $165

Dealt AA.

MP1 raises to $5, folded to Hero, Hero raises to $16, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop ($48) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $39, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn ($165) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River ($165) 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

BB goes all-in. MP1 folds, hero folds.

I was getting worried that someone might of floped trips, but i was also worried about straight draw, should I of pushed turn? I had $110 left, Or did I play it right? Good fold on river?

Cheers

Jon
Old 10-29-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Any mistakes?

Maybe raise a little more preflop, you said MP1 is real loose so maybe even to $25 or so might fold out the big blind and get it HU v MP1 which makes the hand easier to play.

Flop is fine, on the turn against two players on that board I go into check fold mode as well unless the river bet is so small I'm getting irresistable odds. On the river the draw got there, BB, who you haven't provided any reads on so I assume is standard, moves all in not just against you but loose MP1 who nearly has the same sized stack as him. Easy fold.
Old 10-29-2005, 09:24 PM

Preflop looks good, maybe I'd raise to 20 if I thought he'd call with enough mediocre hands.

Here's some advice from Super System: "Anytime there's three cards to a Straight or Flush, I play the hand with extreme caution. The quality of the possible straight that's out there also has a big influence on the way I'd play that big Pair. If it came 9-8-7 or T-9-8 or J-T-9 and I've got two people in the pot with me... I immediately give it up."
Old 10-29-2005, 09:35 PM

As loose as the Pac NL games are (I play .5/1-3/6), I'd say 16-20 is perfect preflop.

Post flop is standard.