Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 05:36 AM

Default Re: Who likes Bellande ?

I used to like Bellande a lot a few years ago when he was playing live mid-limit poker, mostly omaha hi-low, and I guarantee all the regular players in the games back then had a wide smile on their face anytime he sat down in their game. Apparently he is a tournament star now. Oh well, nothing good lasts forever.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:42 AM

Jean-Robert Bellande is good for poker. Imagine how many wanna-bees will watch him and come into a B&M to play poker. Discuss...
Old 07-20-2005, 06:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Very entertaining! But a di**. He can care less about being respectful and being a gentleman. In fact wanted to be a di**. He was successful. But agian i did enjoy watching him. Kinda like a hellmuth but in a different way. But i also get a vibe away from the table he's not as obnoxiois and full of himself like a hellmtuh(i think bellande does it more to put people on tilt and get people off there game, but is not genuinely a di** like hellmuth probably is). At least in the manner of thinking he's a star and his fans are beneath him like hellmuth. He may be arrogant but more in a way like he thinks he's a stud. Did that make sense?

[/ QUOTE ]

It did (sort of), and I think you're dead-on. In real life, he's got a big personality and isn't afraid to show it; he's not always respectful, but he IS almost always funny. Very entertaining to be around. I for one like him, and have for years.
Old 07-20-2005, 07:00 AM

Yeah i saw some of "Th Rock" in him. Very much actully. Maybe "The Rock" after Vince Mcmahon tells him to go with the bad guys of wrestling for a few months because his good guy image wasnt selling anymore. Did you smell what bellande was cookin?! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2005, 07:07 AM

hellmuth doesnt seem like a guyu whos a dick away from the table.

bellande either.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:09 AM

He does to me. He walks around the poker room like he's a movie star. And only aknowleges the people "in his world" Top tourney players. I mean may be being a little harsh and he's not the perspon i think he is. Although when he was on the set of "tilt" Michael Madsen said Phil was much more obnoxious and full of himslef than any hollywood actor that he has ever met. Or something to that effect. That and i can't remember ever seing him shaking hands with a fan who just wanted a moment of his time. I'm sure he has beofre but i can't remember one time. But have seen many of the top players do this. Greg Raymer always stops almost to a fault to shake hands and talk for a moment with his fans. I feel for him he walks in the room and he has to shake hands and talk with like 5 people before he walks 5 feet. Daniel does as well. Cris Ferguson and many other do as well. But i can't rmember Phil H doing this. But once the camera comes on Phil is everywhere to ham up the camera. And i'm not saying just because he doesn't shake his fans hands all the time. Its just the whole combination of things that i have heard and seen that make me think unless your in his "inner world" or have a camera in your hand he feels you are beneath him and not worth his time. Jmo and i could be totally wrong. Although Howard treesong said i was dead on when describing bellerde. I'm not sure if he meant i was dead on about phil also or just bellerde. He would probably know better than i.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:45 AM

Okay, so I guess you can mark me down as the only person who thought Bellande was a tremendous douche. I didn't find him funny at all, but not because he was being a dick. Assholes can be really funny. But he was just annoying and egocentric. He thought he was the [censored] when he clearly was not.
Old 07-20-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He was awful. As a regular brick and mortar player, I can only imagine how many idiots are now going to come in and act like him. Great. I hope Bellanda is forgotten faster than pet rocks!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he was that bad. He just stood out because no one else showed any personality or fired back at him. It gave him a kinda "Rainman" quality where it seemed like he was just rambling to no one even though we knew he was trying to show that he was a big shot. Anyone with half an ounce of intellect could have put him in his place. That would have been good TV. Damn high road!
Old 07-20-2005, 09:44 AM

Jen is awesome. How lucky is her husband? Do you think he even bothers having a job? I'd probably follow her to every event too; she must get hit on 24/7.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:14 AM

he's the anti hellmuth

he has a much better attitude but he's just as annoying. He was a gentlemen but man he talked a lot...

I felt bad for the asian kid, the whole crowd just cheering when you when you lose a hand. Has to be rough