Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Stars $27 Did i donk this up?

[ QUOTE ]
i ended up pushing, and the other guy called the push. the guy who check raised the turn had 6h2h so he had the 1 card straight, plus he was drawing to the flush. the other guy caught a set of 7's on the turn. the river bricked the two of us chopped. i dodged a hell of a lot of bullets on that river. that'll learn me to be more careful out of the BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

See? You played it right. Once the 600 is in the middle, you're getting the right price to call even knowing all those bullets are out there.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:47 AM

I don't think you donked up anything aside from the overbet but I still think it's a fold. A pot sized bet would have been sufficient to throw off any reasonable player with a flush draw and only one card to come.

10-6 is possible (SB). JT probably would have bet the flop. A straight/flush draw combination would be the best scenario from the cold caller but I think at least the SB has you beat.

Maybe a split but I don't think it's worth it. You can find a better spot.

I just don't think anyone in their right mind w/a hand you beat pushes this board. I know it's only a $27 but A-9? What hand checks the flop then pushed this turn? 10-6 or 6x. Maybe 6x hearts as a goofy SB hand? Ugh, this situation sucks.

You'll be short but I still say fold.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:27 AM

why did you overbet the pot?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why did you overbet the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

because the board was double suited. two spades and two hearts i think. i didn't want to bet 2/3 of the pot only to have one guy call and give the other guy decent odds (pot and implied) to call on either flush draw. i probably should have just bet the pot.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:38 AM

How many times do we put ourselves in these situations with trash hands in the BB? I'm not sure how you fared on this hand, but 26o and it's not the nuts I try and keep this pot as small as possible and not think twice about letting it go to a huge raise.