Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 12:17 PM

Default how many hands

i think I play way too many hands in MTTs on Stars, where levels go up every 15 minuts.dont know exect numbers but i know its somewhere like 30-40
how many hands do yall play normally in lets say 1 hour if that is not a secret.
take care
Old 11-03-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: how many hands

IMO, tight players see about 12-18% flops. Aggressive players about 19-35% of flops and super aggressive players anything above 35%. This is just seeing flops. Obviously if your seeing x amount of flops and playing everyone all the way through then you have bigger problems that this is not addressing.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think I play way too many hands in MTTs on Stars, where levels go up every 15 minuts.dont know exect numbers but i know its somewhere like 30-40
how many hands do yall play normally in lets say 1 hour if that is not a secret.
take care

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really not a good question. If I keep getting 72o I am not playing anything. If I keep getting AA Im playing everytime. The better question is are you playing too many hands just to play them or because you have position and good pot odds?
Old 11-03-2005, 12:37 PM

i believe i push too far, meaning when i have good starting hand and i play it even though i dont have the odds, but in general i think i have to be more selective on stating hands and not hope for a miracle to happen, i am working on that.
off topic: doesn't irotate you when u fold garbage and that garbage makes the best hand.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:39 PM

no
Old 11-03-2005, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i believe i push too far, meaning when i have good starting hand and i play it even though i dont have the odds, but in general i think i have to be more selective on stating hands and not hope for a miracle to happen, i am working on that.
off topic: doesn't irotate you when u fold garbage and that garbage makes the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop being results oriented. If you see a raise and you fold K9sooted. and the flop comes 999 and there are 3 all ins IT WAS STILL THE RIGHT FOLD. Before you continue on your poker career you must stop being results oriented.
Old 11-03-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Instead of focusing on the ONE time out of hundreds that you would have won a nice pot, consider all the other times that you may have called with some trash like K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] then ended up pairing your king with a trash kicker and lost your whole stack because you took it too far thinking that you had top pair and the best hand. I'm sure you've been in this spot. Everyone has probably been in that one at some point or another but the majority of us learn to avoid these spots and pick better ones.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:29 PM

i see between 10-15% of flops in a tournament.

But that's a completely rough, unreliable, not very interesting statistic.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i see between 10-15% of flops in a tournament.

But that's a completely rough, unreliable, not very interesting statistic.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's right, I find it interesting.